Hello Forum members...I'm glad to be here. Internet searches are how I found this forum, and I decided to join since I intend to be buried in my 1990 D-50.

I've only had it since September, and never thought of D-50's before. I happened to see it on a car lot and it was love at first sight. I drove it two blocks and made an offer.

After 3,000 miles of wonderful driving and cleaning up overall, the timing belt stripped teeth, and I am waiting to get into the motor to see what kind of damage I did...bent valve at the very least, I'm sure. Like some of the members' posts I've read, I'm $3,000.00 into a $600 truck...but that includes all steering rubber replaced and alligned, new tires and a madatory 300-watt stereo system.

I just bought an '89 that has been sitting for years not far from my home. Research tells me it is a 2.0, and it is carborated. I hope to be able to use the head from the 2.0 on the F.I. 2.4. (Any help is appreciated...seeing some of the complex stuff you guys have done, this should be a simple question, and I haven't had time to search the forum a whole lot). Meanwhile, I'm showing signs of D-50 addiction, and this forum seemed the best place for re-hab

My main D-50's clock shows 217,000 miles. The '89 I just bought (from original owner) has 157,010.

1990= 4G64 5-speed F.I.
1989= G63B 5-speed carb
Both are very basic models.

The '90 has a transmission bearing noise: it's my hope the '89's transmission is quieter.

That's my story and I'm stiuckin' to it.

Thanks for having me here.