Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

1979 Plymouth Arrow Truck
    Engine

G54B

Another Newbie ,,,

Hi There,

New to the forum here and thought I'd take a minute to introduce myself and say "Hi" !
    I'm an old guy who remembers when these trucks came out and always wanted one.
    My buddy had a Datsun 620 done up to the 9's and Very sweet,
    and the mini truck craze was in Full swing in Southern California.

I always loved the lines of the first gens, and the color schemes were hard to not notice. LOL
    So now that I'm an old fart with a little spare cash and wanting a new project ,,, so I started looking
    around for a Datsun 620, preferably a King Cab, and was finding a several Std. cabs, and only a few KC's.
    But on a whim I did a search for Plymouth Arrow (as I always preferred the Plymouth to the Dodge)
    (Better badging I think, LOL plus I always liked the Arrow car at the time)

Anyway ,,, One popped up in LA ! And it didn't look too bad, so a quick call to the guy,
    and wow, he was the third owner got it from the grandson of the original buyer, and he's only had it a year.
    He brought it down from Oregon and now in cramped traffic ridden LA didn't need it anymore, and wanted a motorcycle.
    So some quick haggling and the all original and only 79K miles on the clock Plymouth Arrow Sport was Mine !

Thirty years later ,,, but I finally have one ! Now time to enjoy it. So here I am !
    I lurked around on the list for awhile and there seemed to be some REALLY knowledgable people and a lot of good info.
    So I joined up.
    Of course even with low miles, it's still a 35 year old truck, and in need of a few things. I hope I can find them here.
    (and learn all the cross over stuff from the Mitsu's)

Well this is already longer than I wanted it to be, but just wanted to introduce myself.

So here's my new project, and talk to you all soon !

--- Richard

Ok, this little thumbnail is lame ,,, How do I make pictures bigger ??? is there a size restriction ?

1979 Plymouth Arrow Sport.jpg

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Damn that's in nice shape, congrats on the find and welcome to the nut house.

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Thanx ! That's the picture from the ad ,,, not Exactly like that when I went to see it.
    Not anywhere near as shiney and clean. But I think I can clean it back up.
    Interior and Engine compartment need a Lot of TLC as well.
    But it's certainly a pretty good starting point I think.

Part on my lurking was reading Your build thread ,,, VERY Nice !!!

And Thanx, I hope to be an active and contributing Nut ! LOL

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Welcome to the forum and the ads people post to sell things - Geronimo started life as a 1980 Dodge D-50 sport black with the 4 color striping - the twin brother to the Arrow sport. Before I bought him, I had looked at a 80 Arrow sport with the ultra rare inverse white with 4 color stripes. It was not the same stripes that you have - lower on the body and blocks of color with the wheel color keyed to the stripe color at wheel well
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    Before I bought him, I had looked at a 80 Arrow sport with the ultra rare inverse white with 4 color stripes. It was not the same stripes that you have - lower on the body and blocks of color with the wheel color keyed to the stripe color at wheel well
    Yes I know that color scheme ,,, Like This !

1980_Plymouth_Arrow_Sport_For_Sale_resize.jpg

I Saw a few of those around back in the day. But I always liked the Black better.
    (of course that was when I was young, and didn't realize the value of "limited numbers") LOL

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    You would be surprised what a good detail guy can do with paint and a buffer. It would be worth the $120 bucks.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by camoit View Post
    You would be surprised what a good detail guy can do with paint and a buffer. It would be worth the $120 bucks.
    Oh I totally Agree ! And That's the Plan !
    (I'm sure there's got to be a good detail guy in Las Vegas somewhere)

Array
    Status
    pennington gap,va
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    for all intents and purposes your truck looks about as good as you could ask for being orig. i saw the 1 4 sale identical to the white one in the photo
    and i think they were asking like 30 grand..nice ride

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    the mini truck craze was in Full swing in Southern California.
    I remember those days: I was in high school, and some of the rich kids had 4x4 Datsun pick-ups that were to die for. I loved the lines of the Datsun pick-ups, and a lot of my early driving experience was in a 1969 Datsun station wagon. My D-50 reminds me a LOT of that Datsun station wagon.

You remind me of a part of my own story, I neglected to share, and that is I had decided early last year that I'd like to have a small pick-up, but was not looking too hard for one. My heart returned to the Datsun pick-up...there are a couple kicking around in this area...but something was lost in the appeal, not sure what. I remember when the Ram 50's came out, and I didn't think much of them, at the time.

I now wish I had taken pictures of my Ram before I began detailing it. At that time, I had no idea there was any kind of following for these trucks. In fact, I had to ask the seller what the heck kinda truck it was, there were no identifications in the cab.

All I knew was I saw something in its "face" that spoke of a strong spirit, and the simplicity of the driver's area spoke to me about "keep it simple". ("Pinball Wizard" - don't hear no buzzing damn bells) The seller had not even cleaned out the interior, but I saw through the dirt. On the test drive, I had not even gotten into third gear when my mind was made up.

This truck represents everything I loved about the vehicle designs of the 60's and 70's...before the Taurus ushered in the Suppository Look, with its attendand plastic bumpers and (I swear) subliminal dash light that instructs their drivers to tailgate the car ahead of them.

On a more personal note, OG: I had a supervisor (construction) who drove one pretty much like yours. That was some 35 years ago.
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.