Thread: Help Suggestions on Headlight upgrade!!

Array
    Status
    Alexander City, AL
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Help Suggestions on Headlight upgrade!!

Rock AUto is almost out of light business (Headlight), and I want the best headlights I can AFFORD!Suggestions? up to $50-75.00 for the pair. I am cool re modding the harness a little bit for zenon or whatever, if they allow better vision. 56 yr old, glasses and not as good vision as when young(er).THANKS! Links would be appreciated!

Array
    Status
    North West Florida
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Ebay. "Mighty max headlight conversion". Buy the conversion style you want: black, halo, turn signal, clear, etc...

I suggest non HID, go with some 7x6 H4 projector style ones.

Ebay. Nokya H4 lights stage 2.

Ebay. Nokya stage 2 harness.

Order.

Plug and play, go drive. Enjoy.

Array
    Status
    Abingdon, VA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    One thing you might do to get bright lights is to build a new wiring harness for the headlights using relays to send power straight from the battery to the headlights. In most vehicles the power for the headlights is pulled through the headlight switch. When the factory wiring and switch get old, they don't power as good as they used to and your lights will dim over time. I did this on my 1985 Mustang and was very surprised at the difference. I checked the voltage at the lights before I started and it was around 8 volts. After I did this mod I was getting a little over 14 volts at the lights which is the same as my alternator was putting out.

I usually do this to any vehicle I purchase and it makes a big difference and is really easy to. The way I normally build my harness is to use the the factory power wires for the head lights as the trigger wires for the relays that way the factory headlight switch still controls everything like normal. I will try to post up a diagram for what I am talking about if you need a visual. I will be doing this on my 1990 Mighty Max I got recently and can takes lots of pics too.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

6G72
    I would like to see this, looking forward to your pictures.
    1990 MM 4x4 3.0
    1991 MM 4x4 3.0 Diamonte
    1994 MM 2wd (work in progress)

Array
    Status
    Abingdon, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Here is a quick diagram I made up on MS Paint when I was showing someone how to do it on a 85 Mustang which has separate lights for high and low beams. Doing it on a Mighty Max will be basically the same. You will just have to check the head light plug to see which wires are for high and low and there will only be one ground for each side. I usually buy new head light plugs to build my harness with. I then cut off the factory plug from one side and use the factory wires as the trigger wire to switch the relays on. I just unplug the factor plug from the other side and tuck it over to the side. If you wanted to get a little more involved you could cut off both plugs and use 4 relays to wire each side individually so if a relay goes out you wont loose both lights. I have never had a problem with any of mine relays so I always just use the 2 relay method to make the install easier and cleaner.

Array
    Status
    west valley, silicon valley, bay area, ca
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    I knew daredevils and I ain't got nothin' against them, ........it's just they're all dead.

Array
    Status
    Tigard, Oregon
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    Did you got those headlights? If you didn't PM me (if you can here) I will post pics of my new headlights. Really the good thing about mine is that are not sealed so I will add HID soon. I guess I will run out and take a pic and post it on my album.

Array
    Status
    Tigard, Oregon
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    O BTW, I got them on eBay for about $60