Thread: The Resurrection of Ol' Dirty Blue...My Build Thread

Array
    Status
    Waynesboro, PA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Ordering an oil pressure tester, just to see if that may be the issue. The pump is the original, should've replaced with the rebuild, but money was tight and it seemed functional. Likely a rookie mistake. Stayed tuned, I'll provide an update once I test the pressure.
    Proud owner of :
    87 Power Ram 50 2.6L - Ol' Blue
    91 Mitsubishi Mighty Max 2.4L - currently unnamed

Array
    Status
    Waynesboro, PA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Well I decided not to test the pressure and just replace the pump, since I had the oil pan off anyway for the rod bearing inspection. Installed the new pump, primed per the instructions in the service manual. Installed the new bearings, verifying oil clearance is good, with liberal amounts of assembly line. Replaced timing kit and guides while I had it apart, since the chain seemed loose/stretched (and was compared to the new one). Set the timing, and let it run. Sounded quiet and good. Took it for a spin around the block, and as I pulled back into the driveway I started hearing the $&%!@$! Knocking again.

So question, does anyone have a diagram outlining the oil flow channels on the g54b? I suspect that there may be blockage somewhere in the line. The oil pressure tester isn't here yet, but thought could start looking over a diagram to determine location of blockage. The rockers are still quiet, so I assume they ate getting oil, but the crank and rod bearings may not be getting sufficient oil??

Thoughts / Ideas are always welcomed.
    Proud owner of :
    87 Power Ram 50 2.6L - Ol' Blue
    91 Mitsubishi Mighty Max 2.4L - currently unnamed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123