Array
    Status
    California
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

1990 Mighty max 4G64 to 4g63T Swap advice

So recently truck stopped working turns but doesn't turn on might be an easy fix but I found a 1991 4G63 turbo engine with tranny and a Holley Commander 950 ECU, guy says it only needs the exhaust manifold and that it will fit my truck perfectly. I don't know much about swaps, but iwas wondering if it'll mount on my truck with same motors mounts or what else is needed to make this work? Comes with turbo kit and tranny is a 5speed. All wiring harness comes with it. Any advice ?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Is it a twin cam engine? You may need to factor in moving the engine forward to accommodate the the CAS on the back of the head. I've heard of using engine mounts from a Montero sport to shift the engine forward but no doubt someone will chime in if this right or wrong. What was the turbo and 5 speed conversion pulled out of? If it was another truck this should be a piece of cake to glue in. Don't forget you'll need to have a different exhaust system to mount up to the turbo (go 3" and the turbo will spool faster + give you extra leeway when you decide to wind up the boost) If you get this turbo drivetrain you are gonna have some fun with your truck

Array
    Status
    California
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Yea I believe its a DOHC... He said the tranny came out of a 91 truck that had the 6bolt 4G63.. Would that tranny fit my truck? So I would have to get an aftermarket exhaust the stock wouldn't fit? Yea I have been seen some forums about these truck seems like a fun project.. Thanks

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    It 'should' fit. Reading your post the sellers says you'll need a turbo manifold - you getting the turbo with this engine? Getting the engine in won't be a problem but you'll need to think about the turbo plumbing depending on how it was originally set up. Maybe have a good talk with the seller about their install.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T