Array
    Status
    Somerset, KY
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

stubborn crank bolt

Anyone come across a G63B with a wobbly crank pulley? I understand it's not held on by the crank bolt. Is there any trick to removing the crank bolt? It seems as though mine is stuck pretty good. I have tried an air impact wrench to loosen it, to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    If you can't remove it use a chain wrench at first to brake it free .You can also bump the engine over if it's all still in tact . I had a wobble in my crank pulley when I did my full rebuild . But found out I put a nic I'm the center washer that the crank bolt tightens down on which in return caused the crank pulley not to seat right. There are also the four bolt surrounding the pulley make sure they are torqed good. If needed I have a brand new g63b pulley ,washer , and key way for the crank all brand new fs.

Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    ............=...........
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    a very long handled breaker bar, stick it in 5th gear and block the wheels, apply length of pipe to breaker bar...

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    ...or a socket and extension bar with a length of steel pipe as a sleeve over it. Go from under the truck and fit the socket and breaker bar to the crank bolt with the handle on the passenger side of the engine so the handle is up against the frame and prop it up with a jack etc so it doesn't drop. Pull the main coil lead from the distributor and click the starter motor once or twice. It will generate more than enough torque to undo the bolt by itself.
    Works every time