Array
    Status
    Morgantown, KY
    Vehicle

1980 Plymouth Arrow Truck
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type

My other trucks, past and present;

an incomplete list...luv.jpgP3150006.JPGP7140001-1.jpgP7140003.jpgfirst digitals 016.JPG
    My daily driver in the '80's, a LUV p/up with a 350/350 SBC combo, 2 X 4bbls, manual shift valve body. Then a Dodge I did for a friend to haul a Jr. Dragster in. A crew cab chassis with a standard cab, and two long beds welded together. Different. Then is my '86 shortbed w/ a leaning tower of power. I bought for $800.00; threw a fresh coat of paint on it, some vinyl graphics, and powder coated the wheels to match my ZRX1200 Kawasaki; then found some factory Dodge wheel caps to finish it off. I love it; but don't care too much for short beds. Lastly my '86 Longbed, with a 360, Cope Racing trans, and custom suspension for road handling. It will get a supercharged 408 stroker when I'm done with the Arrow p/up and my Dart race car, then I'll be out hunting Corvettes with it!
    O.K., so I can post pix on this site! Mission accomplished!

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Congratulations on a succesful picture thread. It took me a while to figure oithow to post pictures too when I first started jumping on forums to seek help. That's a great looking pup/luv. Light and quick truck. I'm guessing since you said in the 80's it's gone to a better place. Are you going to make a build thread on here for when you plan on supercharging the 86?

Array
    Status
    Morgantown, KY
    Vehicle

Engine

I might do one for the '86 when I start going back to work on it. I'm going to chop the top 3", get rid of the vent windows. I've already got fairly good suspension mods done, but it's butt-ugly and I've got a little bump steer going on. I'm not sure how I'm going to fix it yet, but am thinking of throwing in the towel on my backyard effort on the front suspension and just dropping it off at Fat Man's when I take my Dart race car to N.C. for it's paint job.I could have him do one of his front ends while the Dart's being painted, and pick them back up at the same time.
    The LUV was my second and last Chevy vehicle, and it was a hoot. I've got a great story about it, a red light at an intersection, and a car load of high school driver's ed students!
    The LUV's have a very stout frame and suspension. More so than the Mitsu's. I traded it and some $$$ for a motorhome to tow my trailer for my turbo funny bike that I ran in the early '90's.
    Thanks for the kind words. I build my stuff for me, no one else, and I do the engineering part right. They might not always have fancy paint or custom wheels, but they drive, handle, stop, and mostly GO very well.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    There is a guy I know from Ohio who built an 86 Ram 50 pro street truck that used an Isuzu frame because of the front steer setup and the torsion bars. If you have been to the Mopar Nats in Columbus, it has been there. You can't miss it: front end extended 12", chekered flag graphics, and a blown 392 old school Hemi sticking out of the engine bay. The last show him and I were at at the Albion PA fairgrounds (Erie County Mopar show), he beat me because of the Hemi motor. He kept telling me that he was building the truck, but he never showed me any pics, so I didn't know what to expect. If I can find my copy of the video from the mopar nats, I will post a clip of it driving down Brice road.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    There is nothing wrong with a truck if it's got dents and massive color fade. My trucks got lots of cosmetic flaws and might not care to repaint it. I had a car I baby'd around after pair and about the second week it got it's first door ding. Was pretty big and right at the left rear fender around the wheel well. A place really moticable. After that I didn't care what any of my cars looked like on the outsides. Plus to me it gives it that thieves repelant look to it. Lol. I more care about what's under the hood.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V8
    sweet trucks..im loving the luv.. my uncle had one when i was very young.. nothing quite like yours..just a stock 305 in it...lowered..

Array
    Status
    Morgantown, KY
    Vehicle

Engine

I agree about not caring much about the faded paint. I was going to leave my white truck just the way it is, (super sleeper!) but think I'll just redo it white, with a nice matte black side stripe of some kind that will resemble, oh, I don't know, maybe the early '70's 'Cuda hockey stripe. Something that makes you know it's Mopar.
    Which brings me to the other issue, thieves. Fortunately, most crimminals are stupid. It's a prerequisite. So they typically steel Chevies and Harley's. I wouldn't worry too much about them steeling my '86 Dodge D-150's, for instance, and doubt the first gen Mitsu's are much or a target, either.
    Now if it was bagged, fuzzed, and uglied up with nekked girls or skeleton's, then they'd want the ugly thing....