Hello, My name is Jeremy.

Just recently acquired a 1986 Ranger with a 4D55 factory turbo diesel engine. I am fairly new to the diesel world so be easy on me

Looking for maintenance procedures so i can keep this baby running for a long time.

Any tips/how-to's to keep her running great?

Starts awesome, flashes right up, has a little knocking when it is cold and goes pretty quiet when it warms up. Also, my fuel economy does not seem to be as great as some have been saying. I am only getting about 20MPG and from what i have read, i should be in the high 20's low 30's so just looking for some info so I can get a little better mileage! Have read that worn injectors or bad valves/out of adjustment valves could be a cause? So i should check those, what about a How-to on adjusting valves on a diesel and a good place to get injectors rebuild? I am located in British Columbia, Canada, and could ship them out to get rebuilt if needed or take them to a place close to me!

I have downloaded the service manuals listed on this site, maybe im just blind, but i dont see any maintenance procedures in the manuals.

Love to get any information you guys have available, i have been looking around on the site and it seems like there is quite a bit of knowledge to be learned!

Thanks!