So... I'm considering doing this for mine. There are several new 4D56T heads on ebay right now for pretty cheap (they say 1993 - 2004 though). Plus, roller rocker arm sets too. $600ish for the heads and $250ish for the roller rocker set. Or this one seems to include it all for $400... why is it so cheap? http://www.ebay.com/itm/CYLINDER-HEA...f59850&vxp=mtr

The head on my 4D55T has been problematic for the last 35k miles (155k on the engine), and has had major failures a few times. I'm thinking maybe there's just something wrong with it that is not being fixed by replacing auxiliary parts.

Is it a direct bolt it for everything -- intake manifold, exhaust manifold, injectors, glow plugs, valve cover, and all? I'd be replacing it in a location that's about an hour drive from the closest hardware store, and even farther from a good hardware store or auto parts place (where the truck died, about 700 miles from my house). So, I want to be sure I have everything before going out there

Is the head that says flush valves for the 1993 to 2004 a compatible one, or do I need to find an older one? Do I need a composite or steel head gasket?

Thanks for any insights on this.

Z