I am new to this carburetor scene. As well to the D50/Mighty Max area.

I am having some minor issues. I changed the cap/rotor, wires and spark plugs in hopes of getting better mpg and a little more life out of the truck.

1) When I first start it up, the truck bogs down and just does not wanna go. I have to almost feather the throttle to leave but once it's going it's fine until I start from a stop.

2) When I am going up hill, I have to go from 5th gear all the way to 3rd sometimes 2nd depending how steep. Any thoughts on what i could do to not have to down shift so drastically? I have tried the accelerating but cops here don't care and will give me a ticket.

Over all the truck isn't bad just seems to be lacking power, (and i'm use to 100hp car lol and no not a civic). I am planning on keeping the truck for awhile as i love having a little beater truck as I now got a 14ft john boat (for free too!). But I can't drive it while it'll barely get to 55/65 which is normally where I am traveling.

I have researched into 4G63 4G64 swaps or Starion FI (had engine/trans and all wires for $600 picked up). But I don't know much about swapping things like that. I want a bit more power or at least not such a drag to get up to 35/45/55 speeds. Even floored it just won't go very fast. lol Sorry for the rant.