Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking about buying a weber carb? Becareful!!!!!!!!!!!!

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    The fakes will have either a sticker or a dye printed logo on it. Webers are still being made in Spain as the company moved production from Italy in 1992. The genuine carbs have white electric choke housings and the knock offs have black housings.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    So I contacted Redline via the number on the linked site, 800-733-2277 and left a message. I got a message from someone named Tom from WorldPac. He seemed normal but had to try 3 times to leave me his extension. I'm not sure if he had a stutter or brain fart. It's 7345 if you guys want to call him direct.
    I just called him back and he was weird, very weird. He said hello then was totally silent, I asked if this was Tom. He said yes and then nothing. He just stayed silent for like 20 seconds so I gave him my name thinking he would remember calling me just an hour ago. He acted as if he did but he did not, then he remained silent again. I said I wanted a carb and he said ok then again remained silent. Each silence was 20 seconds or more. Finally he asked how many I wanted and then before I answered asked what my application was and if I wanted the linkage etc. I told him the K610 kit and he said Ok and something about did I quote you last Friday. I told him I do not recall that and asked him how much. He went into a schpeel about how they deliver for free but that's just a concept and rambled on about UPS ground and asked if I wanted it sooner. I told him no and he asked for my credit card. I asked him for the price again and he finally told me $315. Nothing felt right about this interaction. I can't tell if he was high or what.
    He spoke in a very robotic voice, carefully enunciating each word and pausing in between each one. It was very creepy and felt very much like a scam. Thing is when he left me a message he spoke in a perfectly normal voice except for stuttering over the mistake he made with the extension number during which he laughed at himself.
    After he finally gave me the price I told him I would not do business with him because his phone manner had put me off.

Any suggestions on where to get a proper Spanish made Weber K610 Kit?

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I did some searches and I found this http://www.carburetion.com/Products/...aspx?Part=K610
    It says its Redline Weber made in Spain. I've placed the order, fingers crossed.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by 85Ram50 View Post
    I did some searches and I found this http://www.carburetion.com/Products/...aspx?Part=K610
    It says its Redline Weber made in Spain. I've placed the order, fingers crossed.
    Had a look at their site, looks legit.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    thanks Geez. I's due early next week, I'll probably start posting questions then.

Array
    Status
    clarksville, arkansas
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    thanks Geez. I's due early next week, I'll probably start posting questions then.
    is this going on a automatic 2.6l? because if it is then the only carb that has the kick-down cable setting is the 32 36 dfev unless you do a mod of some kind.
    the reason i ask mine is a 2.6l with automatic transmission and it has the kick down cable i did a lot of modding to make it work right.
    also if you happen to start looking for a shutoff solenoid don't bother they don't make one.
    (i found that out the hard way.)
    i,m really interested in what you are fixing to do because if you have the automatic transmission and can get the k610 to work then i,m going to change mine out.
    i have talked to people @ redline and here is what they had to say on the matter.
    http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...em-again/page2
    i,ll be watching this with interest pls keep us posted on your progress with pics and videos if possible thanks.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    JamesW, Sorry to disappoint. It is the G63B 2.0 with manual 4spd.

Array
    Status
    clarksville, arkansas
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    JamesW, Sorry to disappoint. It is the G63B 2.0 with manual 4spd.
    lol no worries bud still interested in how you go about it who knows i may learn a few tricks

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Put a Weber on my 88 D50 had to rig up a accelerator cable bracket to get a smoother/fuller pull on the throttle lever it's been working every since no problems! I have to pull some river break hills and needed to add the Weber and header get up the steep incline during bobcat season if not I was about crawling to get to the top of the big hills.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Carb Arrived. Haven't unboxed it yet, have read the instructions seems simple enough. This kit has plugs for the exhaust mani where I hammered in freeze plugs and it says there is a new 8MM barb to replace the water choke barb. Will get to later or tomorrow.

Array
    Status
    clarksville, arkansas
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Carb Arrived. Haven't unboxed it yet, have read the instructions seems simple enough. This kit has plugs for the exhaust mani where I hammered in freeze plugs and it says there is a new 8MM barb to replace the water choke barb. Will get to later or tomorrow.
    just to give you a heads up on the plugs when i put mine in they popped out after a few weeks. so i did like you and used freeze plugs and braised them in place. those aluminum plugs they send don't have very good threads on them and they tend to vibrate out and if you really put the tight on them then they want to strip the treads i even tried loctight the first go around and they still popped out lucky i was only a half a block from the house when it happen lol

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesw View Post
    just to give you a heads up on the plugs when i put mine in they popped out after a few weeks. so i did like you and used freeze plugs and braised them in place. those aluminum plugs they send don't have very good threads on them and they tend to vibrate out and if you really put the tight on them then they want to strip the treads i even tried loctight the first go around and they still popped out lucky i was only a half a block from the house when it happen lol
    I got mine from a place in Washington. the plugs they sent are proper solid steel. I just hammered the freeze plug in whenever the thing I never noticed the previous guy used popped out. I've got it in and drove to the store to get more coolant. Seems snappier, Idles higher. I really can't tell if this will improve my MPGs yet. It's cooling a bit and I will go take a look into the bowl to see if there is a gas puddle. It definitely started easier than the other one does when its dry.
    Edit- Will post new thread with pics.
    Last edited by 85Ram50; 07-20-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Array
    Status
    clarksville, arkansas
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    looking forward to the pics

Array
    Status
    AL
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Need to start a list of all the fake weber sellers, according to this mine's fake got it for the ebay seller carbpartsdirect [COLOR=#0654BA !important]userid863753
    some of their stuff may be real but mine wasn't
    [/COLOR]

Array
    Status
    Centerville,TN
    Vehicle

1984 Mitsubishi Montero
    Engine

G54B
    Hello

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12