Array
    Status
    NJ
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type

Reason #9426 why I don't want kids

A bunch of my friends are still into lowrider minitrucks. There are Isuzus, Mazdas, Mitsus and S-10s left. My one buddy has an '86 S-10 that he has had for over 18 years now, and he has done a bunch of work to it and it is a full blown show truck. It is a garage queen, and now that he is married, and has spawned a demonic offspring, the truck has taken a back seat to life. It is still around and being worked on, but at a severly slow pace. He has been completeing the body drop for the past two years. It has a notched frame and a complete and working airride system now, and it is almost ready to drag the streets again...

A little touch up work on the bed and it would have been set. His 5 year old son is always "helping" dad work on the truck, and, to be nice, he is 'difficult'. He gets into everything, and usually at very inopportune times. I won't even bring my 108 lb dog over there to play with him because the DOG is frightened of him ! My friend was in the garage getting lawn tools out and his little helper was right behind him, and wanted to get inside the truck and "make it hop!" My friend tried to tell the child that was not a good idea, but that didn't even slow him down. The truck had air in the tanks and was sitting there with a jack slid under the front end because my friend was going to change the oil later. Once his child hit the switch to bounce the truck it landed on top of the jack pad. The truck lays frame. Care to guess what part the jack went thru ?
    In a split second there was a Valdez sized oil spill on the garage floor, and the oil pan was crushed. Luckily it only ripped the side of the pan open and did not hit the crank or the block,so if we changed the pan, it would be fixed. He humbly called me up during the week and asked if I could help him get it done. I told him I would help...if his son stayed INSIDE with his mother !!!

The truck is running again now, and it will be done in a few weeks (according to him). I'm thinking of bringing a leash and a collar the next time I go over there to tie the kid to the handrailing
    Last edited by HandySmurf; 05-21-2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: sPeLLiNg

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    And people ask me when I will have kids. HA HA HA.. I have 2 dogs. Thats good enough.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Pretty truck, not my cup of tea, but sure nice to look at!

Rugrats can be a pain, no doubt. Mine's 16 and actually HELPS Dad with repair work (mostly as a go-fer and asks a ton of questions).

IMHO, talk him into going full Euro on the paint job and hit those wheels. Would look cleaner. = )

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V8
    I have 5 kids...their ages range from almost 2 to 9. 3 girls 2 boys and I have no problems. My kids love helping me with my truck, they dont do anything too serious just hand me tools and small things like that. if you raise them right and discipline them appropriately they wont do things like that and they will listen. If you discipline them love them and be a parent and a friend to them its a plus.

I'm no expert and only 26 years old but I have amazingly great kids.

That's a bad azz s10.......I only like the square body style myself....

Array
    Status
    NJ
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type
    I hear you on the proper way of raising a properly behaved child, unfortunately, my friends have completely ignored any kind of sound parenting methods. Their child has parents rather than the parents having a child...if you can understand that.
    That S-Dime has been a staple of MANY past adventures, and learning, it is an old friend. The only thing I have never been able to talk him into is a V8 conversion. I think my friend would like to, but he would also like to stay married.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V8
    yeah i get you on that...
    lmfao......my wife doesnt want me to swap a sbc 350 in my mighty max.... .....and its good to see you all keep it alive and continue having those adventures, great times, etc...