Thread: Anyone have experience with FI engines gasket/port matching?

Array
    Status
    Alexander City, AL
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Anyone have experience with FI engines gasket/port matching?

Truck has been running great and no issues lately (or repairs needed)sooo, looking to do soe upgrades for hp and MPG hopefully. Anyone done anything in intake areas? I am still HOPING someone will get a truck to the header shop for headers ...so intake imporovments are only good issue now..

Array
    Status
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    Full Port Job. apparently the factory FI manifold castings are not that great.

here's the head to manifold matching work I had done.

DSCN2352.jpg

DSCN2353.jpg

DSCN2355.jpg

DSCN3224.JPG

FI Manifold 1.jpg

FI Manifold2.jpg

Array
    Status
    Alexander City, AL
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    NICE work, Mike...Did you run it unpressurized, or was this all post turbo install and in prep for LSR attempts? I used to do port matching on all the Rotaxes I rebuilt for ultralight & Experimental airplanes I did before 9/11 made it too expensive to purchase insurance. I was surprised at how much better the engines idled especially, but seemed smoother and a little more fuel efficiency as well. That's a pretty good amount of turbulence caused by the mismatch in our ports your pics show....Anyone extrude honed the intakes? Also is there a significant choke point in the exhaust (stock) I read somewhere? Is it feasible to hog that out and good for any gains? The headers are a huge help with mpg and power I've heard, correct? SUre wish these were done!

Array
    Status
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    This was done in Normally Aspirated mode, before the turbo, It's hard to say exactly how much it contributed to the improved performance. there were many more things done to this head at the same time. It sure didn't hurt anything.

Chambers iFrom Right.jpg

DSCN3215.jpg