I know there are threads on here about fuel tanks and how no one makes a second gen tank, but can anyone tell me what the difference is between the 1st gen and 2nd gen tank? I have found 1st gen tanks everywhere for around $174 and I'm tempted to get it, but I don't know if my sending unit will fit properly and it all the hoses will go on with no problem. I wouldn't mind going with an aftermarket tank for a different vehicle or a fuel cell if I could keep everything the way it is (hoses and sending unit). And btw my truck is an 88 power ram sport 4wd. This truck is my daily driver and it leaks gas like you couldn't believe. Any ideas or any one know what manufacture makes a "close enough" tank that could work? Thought about getting my tanked sealed, but I'm not sure if it's leaking at the seem, can't tell because the whole back section towards the inside of the truck is soaked in gas (got a lighter?). The guy said if it is leaking at the seem (center section where bottom half meets the top half) then it's not worth getting it done. Idk, I'm getting fed up wasting soo much fuel, at least I get 22-25 mpg, even with a leaky tank. (diff motor and trans). Anyways sorry for the long read, lol, but any help will be appreciated.