Array
    Status
    whynot, north Carolina
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

first time

Pretty new to the site. Got a 86 ram50 2.6 engine, just looking for tips or things to look out for.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    You will find tons of info here for just about anything you wanted to know. Welcome to the site - my project truck is an 86 custom and Geronimo is an 80 D-50 Sport.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    1986, what a wonderful year that was, lol. Mine is an 86 also, but has parts installed that span the entire 27 years, so it's sort of like an 86 I guess.

As for tips on your truck, I can run through the most important ones real quick for you. Though, there are several things to be aware of, you never want to over heat these trucks. Over heating is usually a sure cause of "crack-your-head-itous" The materials used and designs seem to be lacking in our trucks with the heads and exhaust manifolds. Keep oil changed, clean radiator (maintain the system) and give the truck some respect and you may find your truck lasting into the 300K mile mark like several here have had. These are the strong tips to take into consideration and will help in the long run.
    Explore the forum and ask for anything you may have a question about. We have a full forum of very knowledgeable people here that have a natural ability to help.

Welcome to the MightyRam50.net Forum.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Welcome to the forum....sorry for the late reply. Just ask if you need anything people here are more than willing to help.