Hi, The Redline weber tech support is impossible to reach so here goes. these attachments are my simple mods pics-100_1049.jpg100_1050.jpg100_1052.jpg so, I'm newbie amateur,(to my amazement) got my girlfriends 88 2.6 engine going. It has 72k miles and its running just ok. I have some beginner questions. I know it should be running a lot better. I hope with this 32/36 (progressive?) carburetor electric fuel pump I will soon get more power, torque & fuel economy The highly regarded Carter P4070 I think rated at 4-18lbs pressure? no specs with package, You can see I mounted it bright gold as big as your fist,,by the battery because I thought with that much power, maybe being far away from the fuel tank is good? The carburetor only needs 2-4 lbs pressure. I have the Mr. gasket pressure regulator set at 2.5, Is this gonna blow a seal or worse? I can see a fire issue. Does these rotary vane pumps run always? This carburetor has a large port on the bottom of the fuel in port, should/could put the fuel return hose on this port? Its running rich blue smoke. and barely idles when in gear sometimes dying
1. Its automatic that kick down cable down between the intake is that what its called??, I'm not sure if I need it and if I do, should I just rig it to the throttle carburetor assembly with some home made spring and bailing wire? Does this somehow affect the idle when in gear? If this doesn't what controls the idle in gear, an adjustment somewhere? I plugged all the vac ports, which seems to be about 10 or 15 ports and all three on the charcoal can by the radiator on the left) except the distributor mounted vac advance and the pcv valve ( I put a shot glass sized filter on the port on top of valve cover. Should I soak the dist. advance in some parts cleaner?
3.I have never used a induction timing light, and will is the distributor that critical to turn two or three centimeters? I saw that it should be advanced 3 degrees, can I do this at the distributor? My engine doesn't really change until I get to 5-10 cm, could the distributor be worn out even though its fairly new?

5. What is the screw adjust that's attached to the electric choke? could the choke be adjusted wrong? How do I tell if the choke is working right? Is the fuel screw behind that screw? I think so, 2 1/2 turns out. these adjustments don't seem to do much, I can turn that screw 10 turns out and it still runs, I wonder why?

I could go on, but I won't. Thanks for a few tips.. one more thing, I just read that pressure regulators don't like more than 6 lbs of pressure I'm guessing this could be the problem, Maybe this pressure controller is not doing its job. This could mean more $ to spend on a gauge?