Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Not sure about the DSM stuff, but...

...6-7 bolts motors means how many bolts are holding the flywheel onto the engine, and then there are...
    ...Wideblock and narrowblock are just about the same except the blocks. The wide is 13¼ from the centers of the hollow positioner studs on the rear of the block. The narrow is 12½ inches across, give or take ¼in. They were made in 2 sizes because the larger would not fit into the engine compartment of passenger cars.

As a rule of thumb:

Turbo + North/South orientation = wideblock
    all others (including East/West orientation Turbo) = narrowblock

There are exceptions to the rule though, some 4G52s and 4G54s are wideblock depending if auto or not, and some later model 4G64 van engines are wideblock also.

This thread is a little on the older side and it might be worth your time to start your own if you like and that way you can go back to it faster using the My Post link at the title menu. Just a suggestion to help speed your searches.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    6 and 7 bolt refers to how many bolts hold the flywheel to the crank. There are ways to tell a 6 bolt block apart from a 7 from the outside, do a search on google and you will find info on how to tell the difference. 6 bolt went up to about 92.5 maybe 93. Pretty sure anything after that is 7 bolt for DSM's anyways

Array
    Status
    North West Florida
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Yeah, most if not all 93 and up are 7 bolt.

Array
    Status
    west valley, silicon valley, bay area, ca
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Since this is a tacked thread, I saved this link for the water block offs, ect.; Jay Racing

This product was originally designed to facilitate mounting a DSM head onto a Mitsubishi Mighty Max truck.
    I knew daredevils and I ain't got nothin' against them, ........it's just they're all dead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12