Status
    Waynesboro, PA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Carbuerator Swap

Hello All,

I recently inherited my father's truck and have a few questions regarding a carb swap.

History of the truck:
    My Father put a rebuilt G54B 2.6L block in this truck and rebuilt the heads. The truck has never really run right since it was put back together. When I got it I adjusted the timing, fixed a hydraulic lasher in one of the rocker arms, new plugs and cables, distributor cap, fuel filter and checked the system for vacuum leaks (because of choking out when put in gear). Finally began looking at the carb, due to exhaust smell and color, which lead to a rich mixture. The carb had been tampered with, either by my father or one of the three friends that helped him rebuild the engine. This of course is a Mikuni feedback carb, and I have been fighting to try and correct the issue without adjusting the MAS. Finally decided to say "F@!% the Mikuni" and bought a Weber DFEV 32/36 conversion kit.

My questions are, Can anyone help me identify the lines (vacuum lines) that could be removed from operation? Also, the fuel lines for the Mikuni total 3 hoses, but the Weber utilizes a single fuel inlet. So, are two of the hose connections bypass-able? I'm thinking one hose can be removed while the other could be a fuel return line; is this assumption accurate? if so, can this be directly connected to the fuel pump, since I have two output lines from the pump?

The Truck is an '87 Dodge Ram50 2.6L 4WD A/T G54B Engine

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    On the fuel line just remove the hole can thing with the 3 lines. and run direct. There is one line for the advance on the distributer and one big line for the pcv. That is all that is on mine.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Waynesboro, PA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Thanks Camoit, Just needed some re-assurance before I began removal of the old carb.