Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

79 Ca smog

so i just got a 79 d50 with a 2.6l but its missing some emission parts. unfortunately i live in cali where i have to smog and the only thing im really missing is the heat riser that sits on the exhaust manifold and goes to the back of the air cleaner. havent been to lucky at the junkyards and when i do find a truck its usually efi models of is just gutted completely. anyone know of a website or may have what i need? thanks and forgive me im new lol

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Send a PM to Mopar_JA and see if he has one. Also the old Mazda B2000 used the same one.

Try these guys.
    http://www.msrecycling.com/mitsubish...used_parts.htm
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G64B
    i bought mine at autozone for next to nothing. probably save yourself so gas and time and just go there.

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    They sell the reflective hose at auto parts stores. Ask for hose that goes to the thermostatic air cleaner.

You could probably find a substitute at Home Depot, too...

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    It needs to be the correct approved part or it will fail. If the guy comes back I hope he posts a picture of what he needs. I think he is looking for the pulsed air injection tube.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by camoit View Post
    It needs to be the correct approved part or it will fail. If the guy comes back I hope he posts a picture of what he needs. I think he is looking for the pulsed air injection tube.
    Yeah, he said it goes to the back of the air cleaner which makes me think it's the air injection? If it's the simple heat riser duct that looks like a dryer hose but much smaller, that's $5 at the auto parts store. That one goes from the heat shield on the manifold to the thermostat on the air cleaner gooseneck on the front of the cleaner. But the pulse air injection tube and the valve is a little more complicated and tougher to find. I stupidly gave my PAIR to some guy who took it because his was missing too and he never donated to the site as promised. Now I'm out a hard to find part. Otherwise I would've given it to the OP. LOL

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    I used a piece of reflective/dryer hose from home depot back in the day when I had my carbed engine. Passed smog inspection fine and the guys never said a word about i.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Quote Originally Posted by noahwins View Post
    Yeah, he said it goes to the back of the air cleaner which makes me think it's the air injection? If it's the simple heat riser duct that looks like a dryer hose but much smaller, that's $5 at the auto parts store. That one goes from the heat shield on the manifold to the thermostat on the air cleaner gooseneck on the front of the cleaner. But the pulse air injection tube and the valve is a little more complicated and tougher to find. I stupidly gave my PAIR to some guy who took it because his was missing too and he never donated to the site as promised. Now I'm out a hard to find part. Otherwise I would've given it to the OP. LOL
    The first gen uses a flapper valve you can get from Napa auto. The metal pipe might be harder to find.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by camoit View Post
    The metal pipe might be harder to find.
    I think you might be able to bend up and flare your own but judging by the length and odd turns in the pipe, it's tuned for scavenging. So I guess you could potentially screw up the air intake with you got the length wrong. But the approx. 1" diameter pipe might be too big to bend and flare without special tools. Or maybe a thin wall conduit pipe packed with sand and heated with a torch with some threaded fittings on the end?

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    If it looks stock is would pass. I know there noisy if disconnected from the air cleaner.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    Cali
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by DroppedMitsu View Post
    I used a piece of reflective/dryer hose from home depot back in the day when I had my carbed engine. Passed smog inspection fine and the guys never said a word about i.

hook it on the smog spot that would pass it with that, because up here its hella hard to find them nowadays. we used to have a couple, but yrs ago. Smh

Array
    Status
    Carson City, Nevada
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G52
    It amazes me that the NAZIs in Cali require everything to be exactly as factory made the systems.
    I lived in Massachusetts where they used to do similar smog on vehicles.
    I had a 78 Toyota Celica with a 1963 3.5 liter Buick aluminum V8 in it. Yes, you heard it right.
    Anyway, it used to pass since the only regulation was to pass the "sniffer" test.
    It didn't have a cat on it either.
    You can have a vehicle with all of the pollution controls on it, if one component is crappy, it won't pass the sniffer.
    AND - a vehicle with no pollution control can pass the sniffer test. FTW...

Ok, sorry for the rant.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Nah, you're welcome. I'm seeing that ANYTHING being sold in Cali has a carcinogen warning sticker on it as it is cheaper to get it labelled and onto the market than trying to prove your product is completely safe and having to pay extortionist amounts of money to test and back up the claim. Cali has lost the plot. A lot of good trucks ended being scrapped because the owners had no end of grief trying to get them to pass smog when most of the time it was something relatively small holding it back. We frequently have people join just to get help to pass smog. And then there's Volkswagen pulling their shady crap to sell some really bad polluters. Nice work guys
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    And now the president elect wants the head of CARB to be the head of the EPA or something like that. That will really help with pollution...
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    79d50 PicknPull yards are your friend & so is Shamrock Salvage yard in Ridgecrest, Ca. I voted for Trump but we need a one person government (King) to properly place blame & replace with another King... There are too many dang politicians + no two people will cooperate about anything in good ole USA ~ we love to fight whether it's over how the money will be spent or fighting with other countries military or terrorists ~ Happy New Year & enjoy your piston powered truck ~ seems the near future could be all electrics especially if the can be driven long distances before needing more battery gas