Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

S10 frame dimensions vs. Max frame dimensions

I've heard that there's a lot of compatibility as far as S10 parts on our trucks like shocks and ours share a leaf under axle setup in the rear. Does anyone have measurements of the S10 as far a rear halves go?

Basically I'm asking if something like those prefabbed Suicide Doors linked back halves could be made to fit one of our trucks.

http://thorbros.com/catalog/4-link-kits

What say ye?

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    aim industries used to make a street scraper setup for mitsus - the thorbecke ones look very similar. I would think they could build one if they haven't already.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Pennyman to the rescue once again. Wow, they still make it.

http://www.airbagit.com/streetscrape...apr-mi87xx.htm

I've read AIM doesn't have the greatest rep as far as fitment and quality. It's worrisome that the picture for this "Mitsubishi" kit has "OLD STYLE S10 ASSEMBLED" underneath it. But it's cool that at least it's an option.

Has anyone tried one of these kits? I found one dude on the old site but he didn't say much about it. I'll do some more Googling and searching through the archives.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    From what I remember a long time ago from the only guy I've ever heard try one was it was pretty much junk and a waste of money

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Yeah, the AIM one is bag over axle. A lot of money for what it is. You could piece one of these together for a lot less.

I spoke to Jason at Suicide Doors and he said he wasn't sure if it could fit but if I gave him 2 years he could make one for our trucks. Ha. He suggested trying a disassembled kit for the S10 and sending in a Mitsu diff cover so the wishbone bracket would fit. I guess I'll go to the junkyard and find an S10 and make some measurements.

http://thorbros.com/4-link-kits/s10-...-poly-bushings

All of the Suicide Doors stuff gets great reviews for quality and fitment. Impressive that I called up and he answered the phone and answered all of my questions and more.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I know aim makes a lot of junk - didn't think it was going to be all that good. That design was probably the first gen style they made and never updated it.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Would I be a poseur if I bought another guy's bagged, body dropped, roof chopped and abandoned Mighty Max project?

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Nope you would be a Mighty Saver....... I've picked up many a abandoned project and got them back together then sold them for a small profit. If you can pick it up cheap go for it and have some fun with it.I'm doing an abandoned project right now, its an 84 Honda 500 Interceptor that I picked up for $400. With the POS only needing some small changes I thought I would pick up a bike for a winter project and I've been having fun with it for the last 2 months going to the bike wreckers and hunting down parts online. If you pick it up and its not a hack job you can have a nice project to finish for the spring maybe.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Not at all Noah, snag it up and save it

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    I'm worried that I'm going to pull the carpet back and see a quickie traditional body drop or bird splatter welds and the OCD is going to kick in again...

3" roof chop and a traditional body drop should make the cab the just about the right size for my wife, who's 5'2" and weighs about 95 lbs. after a big meal.

chopped max 1.jpg

chopped max 2.jpg

chopped max 3.jpg

chopped max 4.jpg

chopped max 5.jpg

I'm guessing the club did the work so the fab work would be miles better than anything I could do. I shouldn't make any negative assumptions about the quality of work. I'm not in a position to critique anyone. There are some videos on YouTube of the club guys at a show so they look like the real deal.

This dude wants a trade. I'm guessing the truck is worth about $2000-$2500 in cash if it really does run well as he says it does and it's smoggable with no late fees and a clean title. Of course, these are all 15 footer pictures. So who knows. Sound about right?

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Guys, what do you think this truck is worth?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/4168290009.html

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Not to bad, the rims/tires and just the air ride system probably cost that much without being installed.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    I'm friends with that guy on Facebook and he seems like a pretty cool dude, but what do i know lol. But he did tell me it was his daily driver so I take it its a decently done ride.

I definitely think that's a good price if the air susp. Work isndone well

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Price just went up a few thousand. I'm internet stalking this dude and his truck, LOL.

http://www.mautofied.com/1991-Mitsub...ing/100614400/

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    It now has a new owner which is why the price went up.

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Ah, thanks for the tip. You know the guy who bought it? I really want this truck but it would take a lot of work (and money) to get it totally buttoned up and looking great.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    No, but I talked to the old owner quite a bit online. Should have got it when it was cheaper.

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Yup.

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Update, apparently there was an accident or something and now the new owner is selling it again.

I have a bagged mini truck for sale trade or parts. It is a mighty max, it has been boddied dropped chopped top and bagged for 24's in back and 22's in the front. I was going t fix it but wife will nt let me work on it. It needs a new front clip, looking at about $350 or less at pick n pull. it had a custom bed but was damaged from trying t get it on a trailer. it has 20's n it now with slam specialties. good motor needs fan from radiator pushed on it. but will start and run. new 5 speed trans. any other questions or pics call r text 559-643-9103.
    BTW, a picture of this truck with purple paint appeared in the last issue of Mini Truckin' on page 51.

What a long strange trip this truck has been on...maybe if I scrounge up some cash...$1200 is sort of affordable.