Status
    Rapid City SD
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

help with 91 mighty max with 2.4

2 questions:

First off, for the injector harness there are 2 plugs that are brown. Was wondering if anyone could tell me which cylinders the 2 brown plugs go to? I think I may have 1 and 2 harness plugs switched, but I can't tell cause it runs horribly either way.

Secondly, what would cause a cylinder #4 misfire code? The truck runs, but really aweful. Alot of engine shake at idle and light acceleration, exhaust sounds horrible also. I've replaced injector, checked for fuel and spark, replaced plugs and wires, checked compression and timing, which are just fine. Could coil, distributor, or distributor cap be the culprit?

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Welcome to the forum DSMissed.

Just some quick information to help you out as you get familiar with the forum. We have a auto manual section that allows you to download repair manuals. http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...er-Source-Info
    When your waiting for responses to questions, these tools can help you with troubleshooting.
    Checking distributor cap is simple, remove and look for cracks or moisture. If none, it's ok.
    You don't want to chase a problem with money, we have some very knowledgeable and willing people here that can help. Please be patient and you will get answers as folks chime in and find your thread.
    You may want to try and describe your issue in more detail to help with the request. What lead up to the problem and what you have done to correct it. Are you running any modifications or all stock.

Here is a simple 4G6 Engine manual that you can use or scan through and archive.
    Mits_4G6_enginemanual.pdf

Array
    Status
    Rapid City SD
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    I have a Chilton and it doesn't say anywhere in there which injector harness clips go to which injector.

Truck is stock other than a full rebuild a year ago, just stock though. Can't say when the problem started cause my dad likes to drive the truck when I'm not around and it happened while I was away.

cylinder #4 misfire code went away, but the misfire is still there. The engine shakes at idle and on accel, and the exhaust sounds horrible, like a definite misfire. Also a burning smell as if not igniting fuel properly.
    I replaced #4 injector, switched injectors, checked injectors and tested injector harness. Replaced plugs and wires. Checked compression and timing, both are fine. The truck does run, just not well.

Array
    Status
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    Go to the haynes manual on this site, check the wire colors. there's one plug on the firewall for the injector harness, so I'm assuming your wondering if you have the injector end on the correct injector.

even easier here's a link to the Fuel injection wiring from my site http://www.mmeierle.com/MPI24LCircuit-1.jpeg.

also make sure the spark plug wires are going to the right places.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Nice site Mike, that you and your wife in a Denny's Restaurant?

Array
    Status
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    That's the wife, but the pix is at Simon and Seafort's in Anchorage, Alaska