Array
    Status
    Cohutta,Ga
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63

1986 2.0 cylinder head HELp

I’m currently rebuilding a 4G63 out of an 86 Mitsu MM. Took the head to have it checked and it’s had work done before and currently has a crack. Machine shop suggested a new head rather than repair this one again. Having a hard time finding a head. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also looking for a grill for the truck. Thanks in advance.

Array
    Status
    Cohutta,Ga
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63
    Crickets. ????

Array
    Status
    Newburgh, NY
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    I’m currently rebuilding a 4G63 out of an 86 Mitsu MM. Took the head to have it checked and it’s had work done before and currently has a crack. Machine shop suggested a new head rather than repair this one again. Having a hard time finding a head. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also looking for a grill for the truck. Thanks in advance.
    It seems like this guy has 2.0 head for sale here in NY, or at least that's what it looks like.
    His description is not very good, but I'm guessing that he means that it's the head for a carburated 2.0 engine, and not the head of the carburetor (I don't even know if that's even a thing). In any case, the ad is vague and he doesn't say what years the parts are from, so not sure this is for the same 2.0 you have, or another one.
    The ad keeps getting reposted, so he'd probably take a low ball offer at this point, although you would have to convince him to ship it to you.
    Doesn't hurt to ask, but don't wait too long, the ad will probably expire soon judging from the date of it. Good luck

https://longisland.craigslist.org/pt...865008930.html

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hard to say whether or not you should proceed in having it repaired again. Thee can be big differences between shops and opinions, and how repairs are carried out. If the head has been milled true in the past instead of putting it through an oven and being pressed straight first - toss it. This is a bad way to recon a head and can lead to cam journal damage and messes with CR's. Check ebay or other online suppliers for a complete head. They should actually be better quality than the original factory 2.0 heads (if it's anything like the one I pulled from my old engine )
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Cohutta,Ga
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63
    Thanks for the replies.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Odessa on eBay (clearwater heads) carries replacement new heads for the 2.0 to 1989. Good quality - you may have to contact them directly as they don't always post the 2.0 head for some reason.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Got my 4G63 head here https://www.ramscyl.com/

They will accept a cracked head.