Array
    Status
    CA
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4D55-T

New 4d556t

Does anyone know where I can go about buying a new 4d56t which is now a d4bh since Hyundai is manufacturing them? I have seen some threads awhile ago about people going in on a group buy but never to reveal where they are buying them through. Any information would help. The 4d55t in my ranger needs to be rebuilt and I'm seeing if buying a new engine would be cost effective.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Yes you can get them - no you don't want it. Not at $6k+US... There should be low mileage units available but the trick is finding them. They're not exactly the same engine either and parts may not be cross compatible (transmissions should mount up but you'll need to know about starter motor fitment etc before committing to it)

Array
    Status
    CA
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4D55-T
    So you think it would be more cost affective to rebuild the 4d55t in my ranger at the moment? Just throwing some quick numbers out I know the pump will be atriums 1200 to rebuild, the overhaul kit is around 800 not including a water pump and timing belt kit. Then whatever the machine shop will charge to go through the head, hot tank and polish the crank (assuming they can keep it standard), probably recon the conn rods and then possibly shave the new pistons to get a more suitable compression ratio in event I'd like to add some fuel and boost to the machine! With all that said and done my understanding is that the 4d56t or now the d4bh is still a more advanced engine as far as the turbo, swirl chamber, stroke, and cooling ports in the head and block. Maximumoverdrive.ca quoted me 4800 with around a 600 dollar shipping fee for a brand new one. Trying to weigh out the options

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    This might be a start - https://www.idealengines.co.uk/model...ne&mo_id=32168

Will they freight and how much? Don't know..

Array
    Status
    USA, PNW
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

Other

Array
    Status
    CA
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4D55-T
    Thanks for the replies, shop Korea motors needs a VIN so I'm hoping they will still allow me to buy a engine that does not fit the ViN.

Array
    Status
    USA, PNW
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

Other
    Did you end up having any luck ordering from them?