Thread: SMoking and oil burning NO MORE!! $10.00 fix (+50 iin tools)

Array
    Status
    Alexander City, AL
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

SMoking and oil burning NO MORE!! $10.00 fix (+50 iin tools)

Replaced all 4 exhaust valve seals with Fel pro "improved" valve seals yesterday (Sunday). WOW!! NO more smoke or oil burn! It was BAD too, used 1/2 qt in 250-300 mmiles!! And smoking out people working on the gas line on our road BAD (they turned away, pissed! hehe Now drove 600+ miles to beach and back for business meeting, and voila, WAY better power/tq, mileage about 3 mpg better, and I was hauling ass 80-95 mph (traffic speed, so wtf! Anyway, now best mod/maint done for bang for $!! Bought spring compressor to fit and also have 4 "{mproved seals for sale ($10.00 shipped and will loan tools to anyone needing them). PM or call me. PM Camoit about donating them to board...maybe we can get a "tool box" for us to use tools when we need them...put a deposit returned when tools come back! The BMW M3 site does that, and its GREAT!! $ saver!

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G64B
    Is that how I can have good compression across all four cylinders, an engine that runs solid, but still be burning oil at about the same rate you mentioned? My intake manifold and EGR look like that slime on Creepshow that lived on the lake and jumped up and ate that girl.

2013-10-26_11-43-52_41.jpg

2013-10-26_12-44-46_250.jpg

Array
    Status
    Alexander City, AL
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Yes. Mine was fine (didn't pull intake tho as I just did exhaust seals. (since they run hotter.) That has stopped oil burning or lowered to insignificant level and NO smoking at ALL, cold or hot.

Array
    Status
    Alexander City, AL
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    You could have a PCV issue also to foul your intake...maybe replace the pvc valve...easier and cheaper also, first.

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G64B
    Quote Originally Posted by thillskier View Post
    Replaced all 4 exhaust valve seals with Fel pro "improved" valve seals yesterday (Sunday). WOW!! NO more smoke or oil burn! It was BAD too, used 1/2 qt in 250-300 mmiles!! And smoking out people working on the gas line on our road BAD (they turned away, pissed! hehe Now drove 600+ miles to beach and back for business meeting, and voila, WAY better power/tq, mileage about 3 mpg better, and I was hauling ass 80-95 mph (traffic speed, so wtf! Anyway, now best mod/maint done for bang for $!! Bought spring compressor to fit and also have 4 "{mproved seals for sale ($10.00 shipped and will loan tools to anyone needing them). PM or call me. PM Camoit about donating them to board...maybe we can get a "tool box" for us to use tools when we need them...put a deposit returned when tools come back! The BMW M3 site does that, and its GREAT!! $ saver!
    Definite thread resurrection, but what valve spring compressor did you buy? Will the one I can rent from Autozone work? I'm just about ready to do them, but I'm borrowing compressor time, so I have to make sure everything is right the first time...

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    I used the standard-issue $20 0ne from Advance. They take some getting used to but work just fine.

http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...ll=1#post25939
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.