oh nevermind I found the speed...147.6mph

Array
    Status
    Alexander City, AL
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Thanks for "representing" the MMAx community! Looked like fun to me. Who is doing your thermal management? What process is used on your head, (and pistons)..if not CALL ME!! I have MAJOR help with egt!

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Shifting was better then the last one, I did here wheel spin in second and he stopped accelerating then shifted into neutral before the end of the track. That was at least 1 or 2 mph you lost. I want to see you drive next... Then we can see how it's done..
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    I wonder how many shifter knobs fly off during these runs. I think the shifting and concentration on keeping traction would get more speed at the end. Sure looks like fun though.

Array
    Status
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    Here's a run from Sunday Morning looking out the back window, I wanted to see how the parachute was delpoying since I'm always still back at the starting line when the Nephew crosses the finish line... Yeah, he needs to work on the shifting, I busted him big time for lifting before the end of the trap, he said he was concentrating on tossing the laundry. I ran 153 MPH on Saturday morning. Oh yeah, that's me hoofing it back to the red truck at the start of the video.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    You can hear the truck is still accelerating when the shoot pulled in the video.

Array
    Status
    Alexander City, AL
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Impressive. Looks like fun. So, no thermal management? or got it handled and don't need/want help? Fine by me either way...My experience was in air cooled airplane engines, but they were used in a world championship event. See Kitplanes in 2002-2003, pics and tech (with results). We reduced egt and as if not more importantly (due to air cooled engine design), equalized cht, overall engine temps, and egt, with out choices. The peak cylinder pressures occurred differently in piston's stroke, so that we got a bit more hp "to the prop" (more #'s of thrust was what was measured/important to our application.) Not sure if sooner or later, but just more "swoosh like" as opposed to " bang" like. (and I'm not meaning detonation, just a longer burn, or maybe a more bell shaped burn profile than was happening before our modifications re thermal management in the combustion "area". (I don't say chamber, because I think the entire swept area was being used somewhat, but to a better, more power producing, degree. Anyway glad your having fun with your investment and work on your truck is proceeding and hopefully producing results you want. Goodluck and continued success!

Array
    Status
    Alexander City, AL
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Brad, just watched the 2nd video, and YOU ARE !))% correct! Chute deployed as truck was still accelerating, def before shift points/rpm of prior shifts. There is some speed still "ON THE TABLE" for sure. I am a COMPLETE IDIOT re top speed runs (and all associated), But even so, (unless there is not enough track length to keep accelerating (why chute pulled early?) It needs more gear (or less) to make it rev a bit slower for max top speed. Again IMHO, and totally no experience in this speed "arena"...Just seems it accelerating HARD! to be even CLOSE to hitting rev limit...Also (again, NO experience with this racing genre, and especially in a MMAx? Why do you (or rather, would a person) want to "rev out" ie: (approaching rev line/limit) a turboed engine, anyways? Tq peak being so much lower, wouldn't gearing it to be at TQ peak for top speed, both safer and most efficient to get highest top speed? Again, I know NADA experience re this type racing.

Array
    Status
    Alexander City, AL
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I did some racing in a Miata, tho!! hehe, and had FUN! (and made good $! too) I had a Corky Bell kit and kept it LOOKING stock except wheels, and would stop by Winn Dixie, get a couple bags of LIGHT weight groceries, and go race! heheI ran between a 12.37 and 13.025 1/4 when needed! Woo hoo! Those groceries and my old ass bald head, glasses etc. (along with some good cylinder filling, thermal management, and optimized cylinder pressures made for some good (and profitable! Saturday's and Sunday's! Miss it! Thanks for the reminiscing your vids offered. Please proceed! Keep those vid's coming!!