Thread: Anybody running an Optima battery?

Hybrid View

Array
    Status
    west valley, silicon valley, bay area, ca
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Anybody running an Optima battery?

I have an extra red-top Optima sitting on a parts shelf, so I decided to try to install it, only to find that the positive post is too far away from the edge of the battery for the bracket on the trucks positive cable.
    I've been thinking about some kind of extension for the bracket to battery connector, but I'm wondering if someone has already dealt with this issue.
    Last edited by Lon Moer; 09-28-2013 at 08:06 PM.
    I knew daredevils and I ain't got nothin' against them, ........it's just they're all dead.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Optima red-tops are junk don't waste your time on it. Not sure why that is an issue with the + terminal unless it is the wrong case style for the original battery.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Mine works no problem. Reached fine with the factory terminals. It's now on a napa replacement terminal though. Lol. I did kill a few red tops, left them connected when the car or truck needed a replacement part. But of course, they died from sitting too long.

Array
    Status
    North West Florida
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    I had a used red top in my truck for about 4 years. I thought it was a great battery. Never had any issues with the cable either. Not sure why?

Array
    Status
    Alexander City, AL
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    My "day job" currently, is SOlar and Green energy consulting and installing. The best batteries (to me longest lasting) have a space below the plates for lead sulphate to collect WITHOUT touching the charged plates of the battery. (That's what happened whenever symptoms say "dead cell". Its shorted, (and negative, draining other cells, however.It is misnamed.

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    I had an Optima red top that was amazingly reliable and strong in my old Subaru but that was back when they were made in the US. Now they're being manufactured in Mexico and I've heard complaints that the quality isn't as good anymore, but they're still charging the same amount for an inferior product.