Thread: Need help identifying aftermarket parts.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

Need help identifying aftermarket parts.

Well, this truck is an eye catcher for sure. I really like the air damn in front and also the chevelle hood scoop and that sun-roof is very cool.
    Does anyone here know where to find these items??? Post your link if you have seen these around.

Minitruck.jpg
    I have seen some cowl hood scoops and some just don't look right on our trucks. This one in the image is just right and looks like it belongs on the truck. I like the ones that are not to wide and roll down to almost the end of the hood like this picture.

Array
    Status
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G64B
    Thats a stillen front valance http://www.stillen.com/product/bumpe...785-65414.html
    and the cowl hood from here http://www.church-steeples.com/auto.htm, had the links saved on my old computer from the old site

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahtid View Post
    Thats a stillen front valance http://www.stillen.com/product/bumpe...785-65414.html
    and the cowl hood from here http://www.church-steeples.com/auto.htm, had the links saved on my old computer from the old site
    Awesome, Thanks Rahtid. I wasn't sure if the dam was a Stillen or a Kamei'

The air damn is priced pretty reasonable, though it is frustrating that after market manufactures don't include the 1 gen trucks with customizations. Doesn't make sense that they can't produce one version because it would cover almost 8 years of 1st gen trucks and in 3 factory names. Wonder if the air dam could be manipulated to fit a 1st gen. Probably easier to get a valance from an '87 and bolt onto the '86, then install the dam.

As for the hood...these guys at Show Down Customs must be on crack or something. $429.00 + shipping and handling. Shipping alone will be approx. $150. and it is right at the cutoff point of being considered freight because of the width and length size. If it becomes a freight shipment, the cost to ship skyrockets to around $300. Then there is handling charges put on it, which is a bunch of BS to make more money, lets face it. These guys probably would of sold many many more if they just didn't try to get rich off each one. I imagine after it's over and it arrives at your house...without UPS molesting the package, it would be around $700 and for a piece of fiberglass. What a ripoff, carbon fiber is cheaper then what these guys are charging.

There are more cost efficient ways for the hood. I'll check around and see what the cowl cost alone and glass it in myself. Got another idea also...using the side vent off a Toyota MR2 and sinking it into the hood for cold ram air intake vent.

Examples:
    1.jpg2.jpg
    Last edited by BradMph; 09-28-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    back in the day, there were several airdams available for the 1st gen - stull made a 3 piece one with a rubber lip on it, hottops made 2-3 different ones, which Geronimo had one of until it caught so high pavement and I ran it over. That airdam has been repaired and my friend that fixed it could make a mold to reproduce it if there is legitimate demand for it. He also reinfored it from the original design so it will survive.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Ya I remember all them mods. They had awesome bubble flairs, they had side window bubble weather protectors and a truck bed wing. Where all this stuff go, hmmm. I even seen rear window louvers and euro side mirrors.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    About your vent Idea in the hood - if you put it over the top of the carb, it will drown in the rain. I knew a guy that did that and regreted it after the first rain.
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    You place Plexiglas or sheet metal with a rain drain under the venting. Much like the Toyota MR2 engine covers that are open to the weather also. The Toyota though did not come with a device to channel water. So, they went through alternators rather quickly. I went as far as replacing the rear engine cover to a supercharger cover that was only vented on the drivers side for the intercooler and the passenger side was not trued. Simple piece of Plexiglas solved all the water issues.

My original idea of the chevy cowl is my first choice and it would keep any type of water from pouring down. I like the style of the cowl hood also. Most likely I will just get another hood at the junk yard and work that instead of my original hood. I need to repaint the truck in the near future as well and want to do a couple changes, the hood being one of them.

Array
    Status
    North West Florida
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Have not seen that truck in a while. Its my favorite mighty max. I love the staggered and rake look on it.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Geronimo's hood scoop is a bolt on cowl induction scoop and is functional. Can't remember the manufacturer.
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    west valley, silicon valley, bay area, ca
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    I'm looking for the old Lund brand cab fairing.

They made two styles, a straight top version that was even with the cab roof - which is what I want - and one that had a spoiler lip on the back.

I've even been looking through my piles of papers trying to find an old JC Whitney catalog that had them in.
    I knew daredevils and I ain't got nothin' against them, ........it's just they're all dead.