Array
    Status
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

New Heater Hoses and Radiator Source

I have a stock 90 mm 2.4 and need to replace the hoses to and from the heater core but I cant find anywhere that sells them. No local auto parts stores have them even listed in there system and rockauto doesn't sell them.

I'm looking for a replacement radiator without plastic sides and that the overflow tube exits on the drivers side. Preferably a multi row radiator for maximum cooling for the Phoenix heat.

Array
    Status
    North West Florida
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Your local parts store can get you a radiator. The one I just got from Oreillys has metal sides, the exit for overflow is passenger but I used to run a longer hose to the other side. No biggie there. The heater hose you may have to just fine one close enough that works.

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Here are all aluminum radiators that I bet you could plumb to work with your 2.4.

http://www.shepherdautoparts.com/all...ighty_max.html

Array
    Status
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeps View Post
    The one I just got from Oreillys has metal sides, the exit for overflow is passenger but I used to run a longer hose to the other side.
    Is this the one you got? Link I would like a 2 row as that's what I have in there now.

Quote Originally Posted by noahwins View Post
    Here are all aluminum radiators that I bet you could plumb to work with your 2.4. http://www.shepherdautoparts.com/all...ighty_max.html
    Have you used one of those radiators? I'm wondering the quality and efficiency of them.

A little background on my overheating problem and what I have done to try and fix it.
    New radiator cap, new thermostat (tried running without one, still would not stay below 3/4 on the temp gauge on the highway), new water pump, plugged the heater in/out from the engine so I can test it till I find heater hoses.
    I have removed the mechanical fan and put an electric fan and everything worked good last summer but at this point I think the radiator has lost it cooling ability.

Array
    Status
    Bakersfield,CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    my temp gauge is always about the 1/2 mark while driving. whats the norm for these trucks? I think my MM is running hot.

Array
    Status
    Northern California, Ca
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

..mine does the exact same thing

I just bought a '91 MM 3 days ago and mine does the exact same thing. I'm going to put in a new thermostat this weekend, I'll let you know if it affects the 1/2 way+ reading I'm getting.

Array
    Status
    Alexander City, AL
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Guys My truck did this also when I got it about a month ago. I flushed the cooling system out (with flush) THREE TIMES until it dissolved most of the rust clogging the radiator (and heater, and hoses)! Then replaced the thermostat. Its great now, and am going to refill with antifreeze if it stays clear. The Prestone flush worked best. Peak was a waste.

Array
    Status
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I have had my MM for 3 years and this is the first time I have had a problem with the temp running over 1/2 on the gauge.
    I think I'm going to get a new radiator since I have replaced everything else, but I want to get the best one with the most cooling efficiency since its 90+ deg for 6 over months and I run my a/c most of the year.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Where it sits on the gauge depends on your thermostat degree. I run a 180, some run 190's and if your an unlucky person you can get one of them 240's for free. If you get a new radiator, get the vent measurements that the truck runs with stock so you have a number to work with. There is tube diameter, tube density, and a few other specs to think about. There was a thread about radiators posted here somewhere. Talked about Brass/Copper design and Aluminum and how to be sure to choose the correct design.

Array
    Status
    Wake Forest, NC
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by RafaelG View Post
    my temp gauge is always about the 1/2 mark while driving. whats the norm for these trucks? I think my MM is running hot.
    Halfway- straight up (noon o'clock) is where it should be with a properly operating cooling system and a stock t-stat.

Mine can show as high as 5/8 to 3/4s on the gauge, (on those 98° days in NC) but I have an aftermarket Modine replacement radiator.

DON'T LET IT GO HIGHER THAN 3/4 THOUGH.

Array
    Status
    Bakersfield,CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Thanks, guess my truck is good.

Array
    Status
    South, South
    Vehicle

Engine

4G15
    My 90 MM runs about 1/3. I replaced the hoses, t-stat, and new fluid. Have to tested your temp sending sensor? this is a test out in the interwebs that shows you how to test in water with a multimeter and the correct reads etc.

Array
    Status
    North West Florida
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrockman View Post
    Is this the one you got? Link I would like a 2 row as that's what I have in there now.

Have you used one of those radiators? I'm wondering the quality and efficiency of them.

A little background on my overheating problem and what I have done to try and fix it.
    New radiator cap, new thermostat (tried running without one, still would not stay below 3/4 on the temp gauge on the highway), new water pump, plugged the heater in/out from the engine so I can test it till I find heater hoses.
    I have removed the mechanical fan and put an electric fan and everything worked good last summer but at this point I think the radiator has lost it cooling ability.

I will have to check my part #, but that ones looks very close to the one I just bought from them.

Funny, the 2nd link to the aluminum sheperd auto ones, is the one I just took out and replaced with the Oreillys. I put it in about 2 years ago, it did not last very long. I thought it looked nice and all, but Its hard to say the quality is good when it leaked that fast. Granted it looked to have rusted from the inside, something I did not think would have been a problem with the aluminum radiator. The oreilly its lifetime warranty. Sold.