Array
    Status
    glasgow, montana
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

6G72

1990 power ram 50 3.0L wont start

she cranks, has oil PSI ETC... but just wont start. its a mechanically sound engine.... meaning if she had a carb it would fire right up...so im thinking its a sensor problem. we are not getting spark from the coil.... their is power going to it. (wtf, I cant press enter to skip a line???) we have changed the coil and distributor... the coil is brand new, the dis is from a known running engine. we had the ECM tested and dodge THINKS its good. long story short, we don't have spark. OH... we ran some tests on the cam and crank position sensor...we have power and grounds, but their is no signal coming out of the crank and cam sensor wires. I think its not the CPS... its got to be farther back in the computers.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    Both my 90 and 91 (with 3.0's) acted just like that when the ecu went out. Any chance you have access to a running ecu? I was able to swap mine to check. For what it's worth, I used Foreign Auto Computer Repair, 352.588.4293, and was very satisfied. About $200, including shipping. If you are still on the original ecu, you are probably on borrowed time!
    1990 MM 4x4 3.0
    1991 MM 4x4 3.0 Diamonte
    1994 MM 2wd (work in progress)

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    That's what happened in my 90 with a 2.4. It was the ecu. Mine was around $300 for a rebuilt