Array
    Status
    Laramie, WY
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Ford V8

NEW to Might Ram 50

Hi, i just bought a 91 Mighty Max and have just recently gotten a 302 EFI to put in it but im looking for a World Class T5 but i keep seeing them for sell on craigslist with them saying " s10 tail shaft tail housing shifter conversion". Is this something i need for this truck
    Another thing is that I've heard that if you flip the motor mounts for the 4 cyl. you can put a v8 in with no other fabrication but maybe to the firewall.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated since I'm trying to finish this project before winter hits THANK YOU!

Array
    Status
    North West Florida
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Welcome, I have no answers for you, sorry.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    We have quite a few V8 trucks here, someone should be along to maybe give you an answer. Be patient and explore the forum, there is much to see.

Welcome to the forum.

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    For the tranny all it means is you need a front yoke from a chevy drive shaft. You can always get the tail shaft housing of a Mustang 5.0L from the junk yard and then use a Ford yoke. As far as the engine mounts nope you have to fab some up. Take a look at my build and you can see how my 302 is mounted.You will Also need to make a new tranny X-member.You shouldn't have to do any work to the firewall as the T5 bell housing should fit in fine.I use an AOD so I had to cut the cab tranny tunnel about 6" from the firewall and move the piece up about 2" then filled in the gap with new sheet metal, the rest of the tunnel was left alone.You will have to get the drive shaft shortened and a new front yoke installed as well. For Exhaust you can make a custom set of headers or you can go with a 67-76 Bronco cast iron one on the drivers side and a mid 80's Crown Vic's on the passengers side (How mine was originally),they well clear the steering box and frame. My current headers are a set of BBK Mustang shorty's that I modified to dump in the right location.

Hope some of this helps with your build.