Thread: looking for a 4d55t, or 4d56t

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I have a harbor freight scope that I got for 50 bucks - it works fine for this kind of work
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Ringgold ga
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    i got the scope from matco tools about 4 years ago, snap on has a better one now. and i will hear from the machine shop sometime after lunch today. the rest of the cyl looked great

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    I wonder if it's possible to get Delica or Pajero turbodiesel half cuts shipped straight from Japan now that they're 25 years old? Or whole vans? Would be around the same cost ($4000) as a 4D56T crate engine, I'd reckon.

Array
    Status
    Ringgold ga
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    well the machine shop is trying to say i ran it lean, and it burned cyl 2 piston... that's the way they are trying to get out of that warranty... even tho i pull them plugs and check for that like every other day and there was never no signs of running lean ever!! and lets say "it was running lean" it would not just effect one cyl.. it would be all of them... this is really annoying

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Go figure, %#$^ machine shops. Maybe mention the BBB or Consumer Affairs if they get mouthy.

Thanks for the scope info guys, also.

Array
    Status
    Ringgold ga
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    well got my motor back wed evening from the machine shop, realized they left my heater hose pipe off the motor, and they are 3 hours south from me. so i rigged my own up till i get the pipe from them so i can run my truck some. stayed here at the shop till late night putting it together, get it running. start it up skipping like crazy, skipping on #1, swapped plugs no change, compression tested it, and nothing.... it appears that my intake valve is not sealing properly..... so now i have to pull the head, send it to them and wait.... they covered the last trip under warranty. here are pics of the piston they pulled out20131101_074151.jpg20131101_074200.jpg20131101_074212.jpg

Array
    Status
    Ringgold ga
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    I should have went with a diesel, with all the money i have dumped into they motor rebuild and my time could have got one...

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by thillskier View Post
    Chinese major parts supplier (supposedly). I say that as I have imported using a China buying service since 2001, with good (if understood regarding spares; warranty we call it).
    Sorry to butt in but a supplier sending you a box of spare parts for when the shit breaks isn't much of a warranty, IMO.

I see a lot of those counterfeit Mitsu diesel heads and pistons and whatnot on eBay and Alibaba. One of the diesel guys on this board tried the cheapo heads and blew up the engine fairly quickly, IIRC and swore off the Chinese stuff forever. Is there a way to guarantee they're the stuff you're getting is the genuine article and not knock offs?

If a group of us got together, we could do a group buy of those authentic Hyundai license Mitsu diesels with all of the accessories straight from Korea for less than the price the middlemen charge. I did some research into it, there's an online market where you can place orders direct from manufacturers. And Korean manufacturers are 100 times less shady than Chinese manufacturers (technologically advanced democratic economy vs. developing Communist economy). But we'd need to order at least 4 engines (I think) for them to accept the order.

Array
    Status
    Ringgold ga
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    those pics are from my trouble some 2.6 GAS that i had rebuilt..the 2.6 gas motor i have now is the reason im looking for a diesel

Array
    Status
    Alexander City, AL
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    This was to clarify your (Noah) statement re parts and Chinese stuff...That was for some go ped scooters I imported (2 containers of them for using at airshows and in UL and sport aircraft) as I stated and it was written took place in early 2000's (ie: 15+ yrs ago1)..NOTHING to do with the Hyundai/Mitsu engine purchase)!. That worked out OK, though I'd rather them sent what parts I actually asked for. As stated those Diesel engines were KOREAN, not Chinese diesels so NO Chinese anything in that attempted buy.

I am (yet again) OFFERING to allow others to ship engines with the one I'm buying, under certain stipulations arranged by PM or phone. I WON'T go out on a limb for ANYONE again, ever. Too many Bull shooters talking without funds or intent to buy, even.

This deal fell through, and I had to get 4+ to do it anyways, which didn't happen.

This time 9-7-15, I am buying MYSELF an engine. If anyone else wants to tag along with theirs, great. I am posting info for contact etc on the appropriate new thread earlier posted up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12