Array
    Status
    Alexander City, AL
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

WOW smoking issue appaently "fixed"

I installed 4 exhaust fel pro (rock auto) valve stem seals today. MAJOR PITA! But, no smoke visible! I'll report on consumption, (still have AMSOIL 10w 30 in it with 2/3 of v8 "restore" recommended by my brother, master mechanic..(He really is and has certificates). Installed in it for 300+ miles, NO difference (so far bro says it takes 500 miles, but all exhaust seals replaced, and NO SMOKE!! Woo Hoo! All good Now! Seals on exhaust made it like new again.. Has better tq low, and more power high rpm. Wow, Major benefit!!

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    heck, you had to remove all the seals.. I hope you did a valve lap also! Would of been a perfect time to do it with the springs and valves all removed it's easy.

Array
    Status
    Alexander City, AL
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Brad, Yes I agree, 100% with you re valve lap! IF I had removed head. On another postI explained I didn't remove EFI on intake side (due to time issues (Last Sunday). I actually did the "new way" (supposedly) where I put a compression gauge apparatus (w/o gage, that part is hooked to the air hose chuck). I then was able to compress all v springs, remove keepers (with a magnet, and CAREFULLY!.. R and R seals, replaced springs and keepers etc, new VCG, cam plug seal, (as manual suggests),and voila! No oil use! I drove 630 miles RT Monday, 220, Tuesday, 430 Wednesday, 200 yesterday and today. Instead of using 1 qt per 5-600 miles, NADA all wk! Its above full! still!, (Even after my dumb move using Synthetic on these crappy sealed engines per pennyman)!! I didn't have $ to get the top end VCG and HG set nor pull head last wkend, so bought the compression checker/cyl pressurizer tool. There is (still) no way to lap valves w/o pulling head, correct? Almost don't wanna KNOW if there is...cause youre right, I would have wanted to do that (and probably recut valve seats as well...