Status
    oakland, ca
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

larger side mirrors for 86 sport ram 50

Hello,

I finally found a camper shell and the small mirrors on my sport ram just aren't going to work well for visibility anymore. can anyone recommend a car with mirrors that attach the same way (but larger) that I could check at a pick n pull? Just looking for different options. Thanks..

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Your probably going to have to install mirrors that drill holes into the door. Most of the problem your having is that the mirrors are not out far enough to see around the sides of the shell. Your not going to find much that fit the stock holes exactly and sit out far enough to view down the sides of a shell.

Also pick up a WINK mirror for inside the truck to cover blind spots and this may help with the undersized outer mirrors.

Array
    Status
    oakland, ca
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Fair enough. Do you have a recommendation for similar aesthetic mirrors to look for that'd work for drilling?

Array
    Status
    oakland, ca
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Found the original ram 50 mirrors (for not sport models) and am planning on drilling this weekend. I don't have hardware though. Self tapping screws, gasket maker and anchors should work? Is there anything I need to be careful of when drilling the door?

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    WOw, I found a pair also today. Heavy duty stock mirrors. I'll try to post an image of the mirrors and if I install them tomorrow. The ones I found came with rubber gaskets and factory screws. Though I think I will need to put washers inside the doors to keep them tight and not ruin the door from them rattling.
    Only thing to be careful of is if the window is rolled down during the drilling.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    The 80 parts truck I just scrapped had a perfect set of those factory low mount truck mirrors - I left them go because nobody usually wants them. I think I have a new set of new low mount mirrors I have never used if anybody else is looking for them
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980