Array
    Status
    Vista CA
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72

Radiator question

well the truck overheated on the way home from the inland valley, got it cooled off and it seemed to run fine called the hook and had it towed home anyway didn't want to risk it. Got out the radiator pressure tester and although it was high at first it went back down when the thermostat opened and it seems to run at its normal temp so I think the heads are okay, at least for now. My question is does anyone know of a larger radiator or at least a better one that would fit the truck? I figure that might help a little with the cooling plus the fill neck on mine is cracked, not leaking yet but probably will soon. Oh and my truck does have air conditioning if that makes a difference. Thanks guys.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    I use an electric fan, never trusted them clutch fans. When getting a radiator, you need to know about the vent tubes spacing and stuff. You don't want a radiator that has less vent tubes or configured to not cool as much water as the one you have. I think mine is out of a chevy, but make sure your in and out tubes are in same place and you can fabricate mounts if you go with a mod.

Array
    Status
    Vista CA
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    I drained the coolant a little while ago, the radiator appears to be clogged, I am probably going to just end up buying a standard replacement if there isn't an easy mod.

Array
    Status
    Alexander City, AL
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Mine was the same exact way, and in fact, I'm still dealing with some issues, but "over the hump" I think. First drain radiator (and remove thermostat) flush out the system completely letting the hose fill the rad iator while it circulates through radiator and engine, then let it dump out at the rad hose. until the water is clear. Re attach hose, fuill radiator with a bottle of radiator flush, and drive it for a few days (3 max) but follow directions re flush system on bottle. Install a NEW thermostat, and any crusted up and spongy hoses Check heater hoses going into cab! and into intake (unless you by pass the heater as I suggest in my other threads). Drain and flush the system as before, then drive a few days like that. finally, empty radiator, and refill with wDISTILLED water and antifreeze at proper ratio for your climate. This will fix u up. If u don't do this, the new radiator will also clog up from rust already in system!! My thermostat was blocked partially by rust as was the radiator hoses, and throttle body heater hoses! Whole system was full of rust! Probably factory fill from 1995 (plus clorine added from hose fills!) BAD mix!

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Rockauto.com has radiators at a good price shipped to you.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com