Array
    Status
    American fork, Utah
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G15

Weber carb

I have an 89 mightyram and want to put a weber on it. My buddy has a 32/36 weber that he had on a Suzuki samurai and need to know if it will work as long as I get the kit for the mighty. Anyone know anything about this?

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    there are several threads on here with all the info you would need beyond the install instructions. Many of us on here have done this conversion, andcan help with any issues that you run into. Geronimo has had the Weber conversion on him for over 30 years, so you know it will work for the long haul.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    American fork, Utah
    Vehicle

Engine

4G15
    I know the weber is a good choice, my question is basically will a weber carb that was ordered specifically for a suzuki samurai work on my mighty? I have heard that basically all 32/36 are the same you just need the specific adapter, just not sure if that is true?

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Water choke or electric choke? and yes they are basically the same, you may have to order the mounting kit though for intake plates and linkage.
    The weber carb should have a DGEV or something similar stamped on the base of the carb for Identification. Hope the susuki carb is a real weber, many of them susuki ones were wanabee weber copycats. may also need to rejet the carb also, so keep that in mind.

Array
    Status
    American fork, Utah
    Vehicle

Engine

4G15
    the suzuki one is a DGEV electric choke, when I look at the weber website it says the mighty takes a DGFE or something, is that a big deal?

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    there are 2 models sold for the MMM/ram50 - a dgev and a dfev - both work the same, main difference is one has throttle linkage under the fuel bowl, the other has linkage opposite the fuel bowl. this puts the cable in front of or behind the carb. Look up Geronimo in the Gallery for my engine bay pic for a front cable setup.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980