Array
    Status
    priest lake
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

weber carb issues, includes link for install instructions and tuning

okay, i've been able to fix the major problems with this trucks so far, but the weber swap is giving me grief. i fixed the vaccumme leaks and adjusted the carb, it was waayyyyyyyy out of specs. now after putting carb at baseline settings and tuning it seems to be running fairly well, except i still was having problems with dieseling a hard restart when warm. i set the timing by ear since i couldnt get my timing light to work properly and the dieseling has stopped so far but the hard resart is still there. if i shut it off and leave it for a few minuets it will flood itself out and ill have to floor it to get it to start.

i was told by the PO that there was a fuel pressure regulator connected to the fuel inlet and maybe there is to much pressure causing it to flood. i was wondering if anyone knows what the stock fuel pump pressure on one of these is and if that might be my problem.

it looks like also they put in a inline filter with a third hose barb coming out the side that the third hose off the pump runs to for vapor recovery? im guessing at this point.

i would really apreciate help on this its got me stumped

Array
    Status
    priest lake
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    oh and i have the 2.6l engine

Array
    Status
    priest lake
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    oh and here is a link to the install instructions i used for tuning it http://www.clutchkitcenter.com/media...weber/K610.pdf page five has tuning instructions

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    First you should skim through this thread. http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...l-pump-install
    3 PSI Max.
    Then for the engine run on there can be several things causing it. #1 is there an electric fuel cut off valve on your carb? Next is to preform a lean drop after you time the engine. There should be a thread with how to do it on here or in the archive board. Also in the manual section look for the UTI training manuals. It is described in one of the books there.
    That should fix it. Let me know what you do.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    priest lake
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    okay after the setting the timing again it starting way easier then it was before and no more dieseling, but it still seems to be flooding me out. ive also noticed blue smoke coming out the tail pipe and so im thinking there's more to it than just an electric fuel cutoff.

so your saying the stock pump puts out 3 psi max? if thats the case it shouldn't be causing my problems, but why do people put on electric fuel pumps with these conversions. im thinking i need to adjust the float level possibly

i look up the uti training manuels and see if that helps.

i'm not too positive about the smoke yet, because it went through 2 1/2 quarts of oil in 200 miles and i'm hoping its not burning oil

Array
    Status
    priest lake
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    and yes i know oil smoke is gray, but its a bluish gray smoke so i'm not sure

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Same thing, oil is bluish, grayish. Oil rings letting oil by bad at 2 1/2 qts. in 200 miles. I hate to be behind you on freeway, lol. Splattered windshields of oil.

If you get time when signed in, update your vehicle profile engine shown in this example image.
    2.gif

Array
    Status
    priest lake
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    okay ill try and find out what engine i have, it doesn't smoke all the time and it doesn't smoke going down the highway so im hoping its justt leaking it out. if it is burning oil ill get rid of it, at 60k miles theres no reason it should burn oil unless its been badly abused, or ran out of oil

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    the stock pump puts out 7 and the weber only likes 3psi
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    priest lake
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    ahhhhhhh! thats the problem, thanks