Array
    Status
    Nelson,New Zealand
    Vehicle

1996 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G54B

Smile Hello from New Zealand

Hi there, Mark here from NZ I use to be on mightyd50 long time ago as uteRS ,still trying to make the brick go fast around corners...

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Hello and welcome. I remember your username , good to have you back. Post up some pics of where you are at in the build.

Array
    Status
    Nelson,New Zealand
    Vehicle

1996 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G54B
    Yea thanks, will post some new pics soon , jus waiting on new wheels getting made 17x9 an 17x10 'D' window in steel rims ,getting rid of me mags,want to toughin it up a bit...

Array
    Status
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    holy crap dude no way! It certainly has been a long time. I wondered if you'd show up around here. Anything new to the truck? I still wish we got those 4 doors over here. I dont even have a mightymax anymore. Got a toyota pickup and a honda accord.

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Nice to see you finally found us! The last thread I remember you were going to rear disc brakes. Any updates we don't know of?

Array
    Status
    Nelson,New Zealand
    Vehicle

1996 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G54B
    Yea done,rear disc's, done electric water pump (Davis Craig) looks trick with the front of water pump chopped off an welded over. Lol .Also converted clutch to hydrolic ,used Willwood pull clutch slave cylinder an mounted little master cylinder up in the pedal box stainless braided line blabla ... Geting rid of me mag wheels gona go to steel wheels (black) want to tuffin it up a bit 17x9 & 17x10

Array
    Status
    Nelson,New Zealand
    Vehicle

1996 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G54B
    Have also been thinking about getting rid of all my heater hoses from under the hood aswell ,get one of those little 12v electric heaters an pull it apart an fit the eliment part inside the original heater box ...

Array
    Status
    Alexander City, AL
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Hey, Did you do a rear disk brake swap? What parts donor? Please post up what you did in a NEW thread! I want one!! ASAP!!!

Array
    Status
    Nelson,New Zealand
    Vehicle

1996 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G54B
    Hi thrill skier,the calipers I used for disc rear end are only available on the Australian ford falcon mid 90's era ,they are good for disc brake conversions,being alloy an have hand brake incorporated in the one unit.they are commonly put into jeep cherokee's over here. So yea not really an option for you guys in the US. If I was going to do that upgrade again I would just use a mitsi diff that already had disc brake on it, like a diff you guys have in ya Montero (NZ Pajero) that way the diff is set up with coils ,panard bar mounts,and mount for the big mounting arm that goes from chassis to diff (on both sides I.e left & right) then no need for expensive four link arms.

Array
    Status
    Nelson,New Zealand
    Vehicle

1996 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G54B

Ford Falcon disc brake setup on Mighty max

this is some pic's I took when I did conversion
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Alexander City, AL
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    OK Thanks! I'll check on the Montero option..not many of these trucks in yards around here (Southeastern USA). Shame, they are GREAT and super vehicles, in my experience. If someone, especially Mitsubishi, imported a good small TDiesel and hot rod turbo gas truck, they'd FLY off the showrooms/ dealer lots! I'm just going to build what I want, as nothing even CLOSE is available In USA currently! No wonder all car companies are down over last decades, they sell what THEY want, not what we want and NEED! I towed a Case 580 C full size Backhoe, on a triaxle gooseneck trailer from Miami, Fl, to Alabama in 1992, behind my 1991 Mighty Max 4wd, in 3rd gear, at tq peak, 4000 rpm) 55mph, with NO issues! I sold it when tranny finally let go (probably only input shaft bearing, but I was young, super busy, and just bought a new Ram TD 2500. It had 465,000 miles on it, and burned NO oil between 15,000 mile AMSOIL changes since new (sometimes 20,000+ but changed filters (with Amsoil filters, at 10,000 miles). Oil tested then, btway, was still better TBN, rust resistant, etc than NEW dino oil! ANywya, I digress.. Gonna start looking for the Montero diff. New 4 D 56 will be here in a few weeks! Thats step 1 for my ideal truck, car is 1996 e36 M3 BMW! Both, fun and fast, getting faster as $ funds allow! THANKS for the help and info!

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    get a 2nd gen montero rear - it is like what Kiwi is talking about. I have one sitting complete with all arms, panhard rod, driveshaft and brackets - need to find higher gears (lower numerically) to replace the 4.63s in it now. Paid 200 for all of it - its a heavy beast as well. It is a 9" rear end, supposedly a copy of a ford 9" with 31 spline axles, and stronger that a ford to boot. In the late 90's, they went to independant axles - way more expensive to buy and may not be as durable. Some late 91 4door montero SR (top of the line, not the sport) had disc brake rears with leafs. Some Montero sports also had leaf sprung disc brake rears, but are real hard to find.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Nelson,New Zealand
    Vehicle

1996 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G54B
    I guess you can't swap mightymax diff head into the Montero diff,that would be good