Thread: GREAT SITE!! FOR A great TRUCK! (NEW OWNER SINCE 8/23/13...

Array
    Status
    Alexander City, AL
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

GREAT SITE!! FOR A great TRUCK! (NEW OWNER SINCE 8/23/13...

tHIS IS MY 8TH Mitsubishi MMax!! Its only got 165,000 miles and runs perfect fi (in case of turbo wanted!, oil changes as needed by PO with records).My prior trucks, (2 were actually labeled Dodge ram 50 power ram 50's First (and best most favorite) was 84 Bought new for 6300.00 (with air) 2wd Ram 50 5 speed. After I smoked all my friends PU's most traded in for their own MMax's or Power ram 50's, including my then GF! Black PRam 50 4wd 5 speed). I had 468,000 on mine when I got wrecked, and then bought a 4wd Pram 50 used and swapped the 4g into it for another 150,000 miles until the v6 MMAx 4wd came out in 1991. Traded in for it, and got 475,000 b4 trading for a 96 cummins Dodge. Mis those diesel MMAXES!! BADLY!! I got 44-48 mpg at 80 indicated to the beach every wkend, and towing my 22' Stamas (HEAVY) cabin cruiser punched at 65mph in 4th gear, still about 18 mpg!!! AMAZING!!Even MORE AMAZING why the quit importing and selling them? If I could buy one now (or ANY time since then), I amd all thse who had them then would, absolutely, and be HAPPY to pay $15,000+ for a new one with ac!! Hopefully with a beefed up 6 speed tranny and an I/C with a few more torque ft lbs..(though I'd still buy one as it was! Anyway, My 95 white base 5 speed is gonna get a 4 d 56 if I can source one, and what about transmissions that will handle some towing and a bit more power? (or is the 95 OK)? Anyone put one ($d56) in the new body style trucks? Issues? Sources of engines? Anyone got an extra one? What is needed besides engine to do the swap? want to trade for a gas burner or what to do to sell it on here? (Where/how to "donate"?) Any help, suggestions, etc would be MOST appreciated! Thanks guys (and gals) already been on here a few hours eating it upGREAT stUFF! on here!

Array
    Status
    North West Florida
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Welcome. I dont have an answer to the swap question, but im sure if you take out that 2.4 someone would like a chance at it.

Array
    Status
    Alexander City, AL
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I've decided to "play" with it for now, header on the way to finish fabbing from DG, then possibly mild turbo...for now!

Array
    Status
    New Bern, NC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    You trying to swap a 4d5 engine into a 2nd gen truck? Easy swap. That was my plan when I bought my diesel since my 94 at the time broke a timing belt. I believe it bolts right up just wiring can be a pain making all the gauges and such convert over from the other harness. The 1st gen harness runs into the firewall at both sides and ties into everything. I'm working on a 84 4d55 turbo model truck now. I've got an 86 gas body I plan to swap onto the 84 diesel 4x4 frame.

Array
    Status
    Alexander City, AL
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Wow, sounds like a pretty good project (body swap). Since the diesels have a mechanical non ecu controlled pump, I'll need to lengthen all senders probably to get them to reach. (after swapping in desel). Have found a source for new and used engines at a VERY good price, I think. Will post up if for real...

Array
    Status
    New Bern, NC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Really from what I've seen the motor mounts are the same and trans were all the same so the engine/trans will bolt in. Swap out the gas tanks which are also similar enough to fit and run new lines to the engine. p/s isn't necessary and a/c is a preference. speedo cable will fit on the diesel trans so you've got speed. Trick will be making sending unit work on the other cluster. I think their voltages are different. I'm not sure if body of a 2nd gen will fit on a first gen chassis. Haven't had them both apart yet. I know the first gens used longbeds at 7.5 feet and that may cause issues with length.

Array
    Status
    Cali
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    welcome to the forum man. good to see new members on here

Array
    Status
    New Bern, NC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Good to have more interested in diesel. Seems I'm the only one actively dealing with these diesel trucks

Array
    Status
    Alexander City, AL
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    So I will need a diesel truck tank? WHY not just drain the fuel and hook up to diesel engine after its swapped? I swapped the engine from my 1984 2 wd Ram 50 diesel to a 1982 4wd gas truck. removed 2.6, installed (bolted right up) diesel, and fired it right up! Put another 100,000+ on it (had 435,000 already)! Wish I hadn't sold it!

Array
    Status
    Alexander City, AL
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I may have a source for 4d56 diesel engines (complete with accessories), new and used, for sale at a very good price soon. I am discussing with the mods on here now about a possible Group buy. Will let everyone know ASAP its finalized. Also will have some power upgrades for them (and how to info) also, n.in the future, once I get mine installed and broken in.

Array
    Status
    Cali
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    is it a local or international source? I assume not fresh rebuilds, so maybe low mileage complete powertrains. oh, did u bid on that diesel on eBay?

Array
    Status
    Alexander City, AL
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    They are International, new engines built by Hyundai to Mitsubishi licence specs. Include all (new accessories. Again 100% brand new, not reman , etc. Possibly have used engines (like ones on Ebay as well, but probably won't since there are already people doing that. The only new one I've seen in USA were 4500!! (with accessories and clutch/pplate). I think I'll be significantly cheaper...Talked to ***** about interest for a GBuy on a pallet of 5 (or multiples, if interest is there. More engines = better price due to shipping, mainly. These are the 56t engines, 2.5 l with intercooler (top mount) but can be relocated to grill for much better performance (no or lower heat soak out in front). Maybe I should do a new thread (or someone start one as a "feeler"?)