Array
    Status
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G64B

2.0l exhaust manifold

I am looking to buy a exhaust manifold. What do I need to be aware of to make sure I don't get something that doesn't fit 86 MM 2.0L. I seen the y looking exhaust and then my style which has each exhaust pipe separate. Does the first gen MM and D-50 have the same exhaust manifold as long as it is a 2.0L and I believe the term is spread port manifold. By the way my manifold cracked and I found a site that sells the D-50 manifold for around $130 shipped or MM manifold for $200 plus shipped from the same site. That is why I am wondering if I could just order the D-50 for about half the price. Thanks in advance.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    You can buy mine? no cracks.
    What to look for is a Crack inside the manifold at the collector or possibly a complete crack through the casting. These manifolds were a recall item years ago and have since faded from the existence of the federal recall requirements. They are known to crack repeatedly and if you do have one without a crack they are worth almost their weight in gold.
    Any G63B or 1st Gen 2.0 Mighty Max or Ram50 or D50 exhaust manifold will fit your truck. The 1987 will fit also and I think to 89.

Array
    Status
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G64B
    aww sweet, how much do you want for it? zip code 91932 if it matters.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Well, the shipping might be a little pricey because they do have some mass. I want to keep the price down enough on the manifold that shipping doesn't overprice the thing. What zip code would it be sent to, I can get a better idea what the charge would be to keep it under your prior quoted prices. It is a MM 87 exhaust manifold that I had installed on my 86 2.0 until I got my header, just recently. I had the manifold on my car for about a month before I removed it.
    I can not see any sign of a crack on it at all, hence the reason I installed it on mine. oops didnt see the zip code, Thanks. See PMs
    Last edited by BradMph; 08-07-2013 at 09:39 PM.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Don't forget to close your thread here if it is completed.

Array
    Status
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G64B
    How do I close it?

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by amcervantes View Post
    How do I close it?
    bottom left hand corner of a new reply box should have a box to click close thread at bottom. You have to make a reply box first and the say something like Close Thread, but the box opening will make the click box show for you.
    Also, that manifold you have I think comes apart if yours has that huge extension piece at the end of the manifold and before cat. This piece isn't a cat at the end there but looks like one.

Array
    Status
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G64B
    close thread