Hello! This is my first post to these forums, I've owned a 1986 Power Ram for a number of years now. It's a fun little truck and has served me pretty well. A couple months back, the rear differential took a crap (something ended up puncturing it from the inside of the housing out [strange]). Anyways, it was when I realized how much that truck did for me that I decided to replace the rear end. I also quickly realized how rare these seemingly generic trucks are!

Anyways, back to the point. I found a donor truck at my local yards finally. It was a 1982 Power Ram. Same 4WD and 3.9 (I think that's what it was) ratio differential. Completed the swap with no issues and the truck is back on the road. With one exception...

The parking break seems to have WAY TOO MUCH slack. It doesn't engage in the slightest when I pull it all the way up. Everything seemed so compatible so I didn't really bother with it. Well now it's starting to egg my OCD on and I'd like to know a way to correct or adjust it, if there even is a way. I tried some searching and couldn't find anything, so I'm resorting to fellow enthusiasts. Any ideas?