I have a 93 Mighty Max 2.4l that had 300,000 miles on it. I just rebuilt due too a cracked head and thrown rod. So replaced the Head and Crankshaft. I sent the engine in to be cleaned a preped. I also replaced the pistons, O2 sensor, coolant temp sensor, plugs, oil pump, fuel pump and filter. So after god knows how many headaches the truck is running again. Although now its smoking and getting low power. I'm sure its running too rich as I'm getting unburned carbon out the pipe. The check engine light is on so I pulled the codes. I'm getting a 21 (Coolant temp sensor) but only after a bit of driving. And a 42 (Fuel pump system) and that one come up as soon as you start it after clearing the codes. I'm pretty sure the Timming belt is on correctly but not so sure the Dis timing is set right. My dad adjusted it for me but forgot to ground the ECU pin. Not sure if that could make it run so rich. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated as my dad is a retired mechanic but I'm just a lowly PC tech so very little experience with such issues. Also if someone could point me in the right direction for this manual section I keep hearing about.