Thread: 93 Mighty Max Low Power

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Can you post up a picture of what you bent.
    As for the picture look in the manual section> over 216 manuals> montero and MM truck.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Mandeville, LA
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by camoit View Post
    Can you post up a picture of what you bent.
    As for the picture look in the manual section> over 216 manuals> montero and MM truck.
    I've looked in a few manuals and service documents but haven't seen anything on the tranny. I wish they actually had a service manual for this truck instead of this aftermarket garbage.

Here's a picture of the linkage connecting to the tranny. The arrow in the second picture is pointing at the part thats bending. Due to the location this is the best picture I can get without dropping the tranny.

Bent linkage.jpgBent linkage marked.jpg

Array
    Status
    Mandeville, LA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Ok So I still Haven't go this worked out. I did get the Part removed and took a few pictures of it off the transmission. I have no idea what this part is called or where I would get a replacement. If anybody has any ideas where I might get this part from it would be very helpful.

IMG_0536.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0538.jpg

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    That parts looks like it bent due to a pivot bearing that should be there. Look up your truck on http://www.rockauto.com/ and go to "transmissions, automatic" and I'll bet that's the part that fell off.

As for the linkage, I'd wager you could find one in a junk yard or even make one yourself. I'll let the experts on this forum say whether or not it could be tack-welded.

My 2 cents

Array
    Status
    Mandeville, LA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by royster View Post
    That parts looks like it bent due to a pivot bearing that should be there. Look up your truck on http://www.rockauto.com/ and go to "transmissions, automatic" and I'll bet that's the part that fell off.

As for the linkage, I'd wager you could find one in a junk yard or even make one yourself. I'll let the experts on this forum say whether or not it could be tack-welded.

My 2 cents
    Well I don't see anything on there that's obviously missing. But it is a bit hard to tell without a schematic of the linkage. All I've found is transmission internals.

Although we're thinking it broke due to me not putting the jack or a stand under the transmission when I removed the engine.

I'm going to try going by the dealership during lunch today and see if they can help. I don't like the idea of welding it since it was such a pain to get out. I also can't really see myself removing it at a junkyard as it took me about 2 hours to get it off without dropping the transmission.

I'll post back if the dealer is any help. Thanks for the thoughts.

Array
    Status
    Mandeville, LA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by reallango View Post
    Well I don't see anything on there that's obviously missing. But it is a bit hard to tell without a schematic of the linkage. All I've found is transmission internals.

Although we're thinking it broke due to me not putting the jack or a stand under the transmission when I removed the engine.

I'm going to try going by the dealership during lunch today and see if they can help. I don't like the idea of welding it since it was such a pain to get out. I also can't really see myself removing it at a junkyard as it took me about 2 hours to get it off without dropping the transmission.

I'll post back if the dealer is any help. Thanks for the thoughts.
    Well looks like I was able to order it from the dealer. It took some looking to find the right part but I'm hopeful that when it shows up next week it'll be the right thing.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    I also can't really see myself removing it at a junkyard as it took me about 2 hours to get it off without dropping the transmission.
    Those of us out here on the east coast are sort of screwed in winter as far as going to junk yards is concerned: who the heck wants to spend two freezing hours outside if you're not hunting deer?

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    If you need the part numbers off parts you need shown here, let me know. Was not sure if you repaired whatever that arm was thatV you needed.
    trany.jpg
    (click image for larger view)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12