Array
    Status
    Northern Ohio
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T

New Guy from Ohio. "DSM guy"

Hello there fellas. My name is Shane but I go by Stubbz because I lost part of my finger in a BMX accident years ago. I actually do not own a Mighty Max YET but I will be in the market in about a month or so. I figured I would get some research done and find some cool guys with experience in doing them. I have owned multiple DSMs in the past but I currently drive an 03 Buick Century. I've owned a huge variety of vehicles but I love minitrucks and DSMs so I figured that I could have the best of both worlds. Haha. I hope to help provide anything I can but I have a feeling I will be needing more help than I will be dishing out. I will try to find a few pics of my old rides and post them up. Thanks for having me.

Array
    Status
    Northern Ohio
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Eclipse.jpg
    This was probably my favorite of all of them even though it was fwd.
    95 GST. 6 bolt, basic engine upgrades with a 16g running 18psi. It was never tracked but I'd guess low 13s.

What I'm trying to do with a MM is build a "reliable" truck that is fun to drive at least 3x a week while having a nice, low stance on some good looking 17 or 18s. I'm not trying to do any kind of racing with it but I'd still like to get into it when I feel the need to beat a Honda off the line :p
    I'd like to get a "tuner" look integrated into it without it looking tacky or ricey

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Welcome (Shane) Stubbz14 to the forum.
    We have many members here with buckets of brain cells and experience that know how to put these trucks together from ground up.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Your dsm experience may prove helpful with the 4g63 swap we know you'll want to do after you get one of these trucks. Welcome to the site!
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    North West Florida
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Welcome, from a former dsm'er as well. And comming from those, this is the easiest engine bay to work on I have ever had the pleaser to do. As far as power from this little stock engine, youll need to do a swap if you want over 150hp, I should be getting mine back here in the next couple cmonths (sold 2 years ago, new owner is getting a new car), and I plan on boosting the stock sohc 8 valve, not much but a little. Throw some wide wheels on and drop it a bunch, so keep an eye for build threads, perhaps we can share some idear's and old left over parts...(I know dsm guys have em)