Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V6

Antifreeze Mix and coolant aditives

Been trying to cool down my 4.3, but this goes for all you too.
    I've known this for years, but I've forgot more than most of have learned. lol
    Anywho this is about keep your engine cool. So many knew products to keep your engine cooler, some say 30 degrees. If your engine runs hot you'll flunk your emissions sniff test, as I have found out. More antifreeze isn't better, it's thick and doesn't loose the heat and doesn't flow through the radiator as fast.
    I noticed at work a bottle labeled WaterWetter and joked about it as we washed our hands. this week I find out exactly what waterwetter is, in some cases it drops your engine temp as much as 20 degrees.
    Then there's "Below 40" that sells at Speedway.com (cheapest on the internet) with testimonies of huge temperature drops.
    And we have Royal Purple with much of the same claim.

I've been diluting my antifreeze to get to that certain maintainable temp and I also I tried a bottle of Water Wetter made by Red Line, thier claim to fame:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pApWgZdozQA
    Reduces or eliminates bubbles or vapor barrier that form on hot metal surfaces to reduce coolant temperatures by up to 20°
    Superior heat transfer properties compared to glycol-based antifreeze
    Compatible with new or used antifreeze (including DEX-COOL and long-life versions) to improve the heat transfer of ethylene and propylene glycol systems
    Improves heat transfer and reduces cylinder head temperature. I'm sure my ratio is off, I can always add more just not yet.
    Now here's Kwick Kool coolant additive, http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=uir4wiwEy90
    Attached Images