Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Front (bumper) signal housings

Was wondering, for those of you that have both, whether or not the Gen 1 and Gen 2 bumper signal housings are common? They LOOK about the same, and I cannot find any for Gen 1 anywhere. Including the dealership or fleabay. LOTS for Gen 2.

May try for a different front bumper so this may yet end up being a moot question, just not sure yet and weighing my options.

Array
    Status
    Fort Lewis, WA
    Yeah I have looked too, I need some new ones for mine as well, the inside reflective coating or whatever is in there is pretty much gone now.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    There are 2 different front bumper signal housings for 1st gen, 79-82 and 83-86. They are both different from each other and from the second gen bumper lights. The 79-82 are easier to find than the 83-86; I am trying to locate a set for my 86 and haven't found any. The second gen are close, but are a 1/4" too long. To restore the reflector in the housing, get a can of Eastwood's reflector paint; it puts a near chrome like finish on whatever you spray with it and can even be polished to a mirror finish when a few coats are applied. I used it on all my lights to improve the output on brand new fixtures.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    I had a broken lense on one side and it was really hard to find some locally for my second gen. I found that the Nissan hardbody corner lights are similar to the second gen lights and screw right in without modification. Only difference is that they sit flush if not poke out a bit vs the recessed look. You can take your to a local junk yard to find out similar lights. Opens up the market a bit more.

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Thanks for the replies, guys. Guess I'm on to plan C: Find a suitable alternative.

Depending on what route I take, I may have a pair of serviceable lenses to sit on. The housings are shot (rusted through the back), but the lenses just need a wash and some jeweler's rouge.