Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

"Mitsy" '86 Repairs, Renew, Rebuild, Replace

This photo taken between 1987 - 1989 and after installing many extras. The truck was originally purchased bone stock with a leather vinyl snap bed cover and was it. I went crazy on it as you can see here. Just before heading to South California Mini-Truck Super Nationals in Narrows Park. We had the time of our lives.
    original.jpg

The Automobile
    A car is a part of culture because we spend a significant amount of time in our lives behind the steering wheel. We spend endless hours in traffic jams; we like to eat in a car, like to listen to music and so on. Our industry has made a great number of legendary cars and is a true argument that is an essential part of our lives. You know, psychologists claim that our style of driving shows some striking resemblance of our character, and you know it is true. A car is more than a piece of a metal, it has become a social phenomenon. Have you ever noticed that we often try to talk to our cars as if they were a human?

My '86 Mitsubishi "Mitsy"
    A beginning of a never ending list of past & future repairs. I am figuring it will be a good idea to start documenting/logging all information so I can look back and use it when needed again. Some people say that they have too much on their mind and forgot things, but we all know the first thing that goes is the mind and I'm not ready to admit it just yet..
    The vehicle for this thread information
    http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...hp?albumid=155

30+ years and a mountain of receipts
    I recently garaged the truck due to some engine issues and thought I could fix the problem with a bandage and continue on as usual, but not this time. The truck began running bad one day as I was accelerating and she started bucking and then idling rough, you know the scenario. After a little bit it stopped, but I had that feeling it wasn't over. I brought the truck home, checked the usual and nothing looked out of place and I made some minor fixes that just didn't seem to help this time.
    I used my other transportation for a few days and hoped the magic mechanic elves would come fix the truck while I was not using her, but I was wrong. I think the elves have left to go work for Keebler after so many years. Anyway after a few days, I jumped back in truck and it ran bad, gutless, popping out carb, electrical started acting strange, smell of fuel in the oil, things were bad. In addition, the poor truck has been through the effects of frozen ice forcing it's self into any cracks it can find during winter, to 90+ degree temps in the summer, it was time to do some major repairs.
    I decided it was time to do the 4 "R's" for the truck and go through everything to make many overdue repairs that I have put off for so too long.

I call it...Repairs, Renewing, Rebuilding, Replacing

I'll update thread here with the repairs while she has been parked in garage for the major repairs and then continue on as I make other updates and modifications. I have a feeling this is going to be a never-ending story, but I'm not complaining.

truck1.jpg
    Truck Photos Have Been Featured on Following Websites
    -Castrol Oil.com
    -Tire Rack.com
    -Pierce Manifolds.com
    -Raceline Central.com
    -Car Domain.com
    -Tire-size-conversion.com
    and more...

Last edited by BradMph; 11-26-2017 at 08:06 PM. Reason: update