Status
    Bonney Lake, WA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type

Transmission rebuilt kits on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Spd-KM131-...34a884&vxp=mtr

I'm thinking about just ordering one of these and rebuilding mine myself.

Array
    Status
    New Bern, NC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Looks pretty good. Do you have a press with the right adapters? Most M/T's you need a press to get the bearings on/off the shafts and such. Having a small hotplate or griddle helps too. I learned that one in Nissan's transmission class. They put the bearings on a hot plate and heated them to about 150 and they almost slid right onto the shafts.

Array
    Status
    Nyssa, Or
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Careful on this, that is the kit I bought especially if you want to rebuild your 145 for a 4x4 you will end up buying at least a new tail shaft bearing. The double roller is for 2wd 132 only and Will NOT work for the 4wd application. Plus they send you and extra bearing for what I have no idea it did not fit anyplace in my trans. But they did include a free jaw breaker YEAH!!! don't know if it was intentional or not but was in the box when I opened it.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar_ja View Post
    But they did include a free jaw breaker YEAH!!! don't know if it was intentional or not but was in the box when I opened it.
    Are you sure it was a jaw breaker and not somthing that looks like a genric pack of Chiclets? Some times they say do not eat on the side of it.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    New Bern, NC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Yeah you definately shouldn't eat those lol U know you can probably get most of those parts from mitsu still to rebuild that trans. It was used for so long. You'll need to disassemble and see what exactly you need. I know my diesel trans needs a new shifter spring since it flops around lol

Array
    Status
    Bonney Lake, WA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type
    The only problem I have with taking it apart before someone looks at it is if some reason I end up rebuilding it myself, I won't know where anything goes. I have never rebuilt a trans before. So I am hoping that I can find an exact rebuild kit for a 4x4 km145 trans that is basically swap in and out. And I am 90% sure all I need is a synchro and bearing rebuild kit with a small pieces kit for all the detent balls and the pins for everything. But I honestly do not know what I am doing when it comes to transmission rebuils or even where to start. but thank you mopar for basically making up my mind not to get this. I am going to take my trans to a mitsu dealer on monday and see what they say and what I can do.

Array
    Status
    Nyssa, Or
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Tanzy: Well if you should decide to rebuild yourself oh say due to !!!cost!!! (TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES) as you go, and before disassembly and any of the major sub-assembly like before removal of tail shaft, fifth and reverse, main shaft. These will help out a lot during reassembly later, and don't forget the manual. As far as simple swap synchros and bearings (that's a whole rebuild). There will be no small parts kits detent balls and etc. unless its available from Mitsi. So save all those just in case.

Array
    Status
    Nyssa, Or
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Not sure could have been a the infamous "FIRE BALL" or "THE EVER LASTING GOB STOPPER" hard to say I didn't even lick to find the center.
    Quote Originally Posted by camoit View Post
    Are you sure it was a jaw breaker and not somthing that looks like a genric pack of Chiclets? Some times they say do not eat on the side of it.

Array
    Status
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    Have a look here to see what you're up against...

http://mmeierle.com/images/Max/Manua...ansmission.pdf

may not be your's but will give you a fair idea of what's involved.