Thread: nooooooooob

Hybrid View

Array
    Status
    Asheboro, NC

nooooooooob

hi guys im new here, from central north carolina, im a mechanic at the local ford dealer (haha job security) i drive a early 93 mighty max, 2.4l sohc its my daily driver and i love it, pretty stock at the moment, just ordered my lowering kit for it, and soon to start a sohc turbo build, i will have pics up soon and cant wait to get started on my build

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Welcome to the board. How is it being a mechanic at ford? The 2009 and up escape and flex gives me a headache. Especially since p0022 and p0012 pop up in the escapes v6. Hate changing out thoughts stupid solenoids. And the recline mechanisms in the flex are a pain.

Array
    Status
    Asheboro, NC
    i think its really good, i havent had the joy of those two yet, i hate the 2011 v6 mustang pcm problems and having to chase it through all the the other sensors and bs to find it, or the 10-12 five hundred with the ignition problems(bolts are specificaly desgined to break off when you go to removing the switch)those are the only one i dont like so far, but im sure there will be many more, ive only been there about 2 months.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V8
    welcome man...im in va. ill be watching your progress..PSI.......i like it

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    We don't have the 500 in our fleet. For us, we see a lot of ford flex overheat issues and we found that it's the fan and fan module bad. And the serpentine belt tensioners in the 2010 fusion and focus. The ones in the fusion go bad, and even the replacement ones go bad. The mustang problems I seen are usually gps related codes where the whole throttle body needs replacing. The ac duct doors have problems go throughout the whole line of fords we have. Complaint, knocking sound after start coming behind radio.

Array
    Status
    SC
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Not a ford dealer tech, but I work on quite a few Fords at the shop I work at. The biggest pain I run into regularly is the 5.4 3v triton to drop valves well under 100k miles. We replaced the engine in one that dropped two valves with 36k miles on the clock. Lots of fun explaining those to the customers...

RD

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    I'd be pissed if that happened to me. I'd yell up a storm if it just passed warranty too. Lol.