Array
    Status
    Bonney Lake, WA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type

aftermarket tach ?'s

What are some good aftermarket tachometers you guys have used? I'm thinking cheap around 50 bucks, Shift light or no shit light, But it is a plus 84 2.6 d-50.

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8

Array
    Status
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    I don't remember which one my brother bought but I now have it in my truck and love it. Its not huge or anything but it has a programmable shift light (mine is set for 5k). I used double sided velcro to hold it because I didn't want to drill into my bezel. It hasn't fell off actually I am surprised by how well the velcro holds it

031903_1900[00].jpg

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Some of those Marine tachs are pretty nice. They come many times with fancy beveled glass and have good outdoor seal protection. I like when gauges are in dashed or take the place of a stock gauge.

Another great place to find a tach is the wrecking yard. Almost every car has them and you could go and molest one out of another car and all you need is that one white wire to the coil to make it work. As long as pull the wiring from the car. Heck, you might even find a regular tach gauge there still in a car. Look in those older vehicles or ones owned by someone either then Grandma and Grandpa. I like lookin for weber carbs in wrecking yards, they are easy to rebuild and sell.

Array
    Status
    Lewistown, PA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8
    I've always been fond of Sunpro Tachs, I have a vintage (at least 40 years old) 90* Sweep Sunpro Tach in my '84, a 5" Sunpro Super Tach III w/ Shift Light in my '73 Duster, had a Sunpro Super Tach II in my '74 Duster (now 5" Autometer w/ Shift Light), a Sunpro Super Tach II in my '48 Dodge, '65 'Cuda, '75 D300 and '76 Ramcharger.

You can pick up brand new Super Tach II's for about $25 - $30