I know enough to tear engines down and replace head gaskets and such. As what I did to my 1990 Mighty max 2.4l fuel injected engine.

It ran and runs beautiful, cept when it fouls the #2 plug. I put in those expensive E3 plugs (30 bux for the set).

Ran great for a while, till it fouled. Doesn't have the power I think it should have. Once going she runs fast, but I can feel the hesitation, spit and sputter.

Took the truck to the stealership, and was told #2 cylinder failed the leak down test. When I checked the compression, it seemed good . Front to rear 150, 150, 150, 160 first run, 150, 150, 150, 162 second round.

Charged me darn near 100 bux for that and told me 5 grand for a rebuild. (((((Ain't gonna happen.....))))))

Bought an engine for 450, darn thing was locked up. (got my money back finally), can't find anything decent in the local salvage yards that runs, besides they probably need rebuilding anyways. So, that being said, may as well rebuild mine since it's out of the truck.

Question...............................if the #2 cylinder failed the leak down, what could be the cause......does it absolutely have to be rings?

I've got the engine out, on a stand and just pulled the head, and the cylinders appear to be find. As soon as I go to work 2morrow, I'll post pics, I can't post pictures on the antiquated puter......hell I only 512 megs of ram.

Can the valves or head cause the leak down failure? All the help would be appreciated.

And in advance.....Thank You.....Thank You very Much......................!!!!!!!!